translate

Friday 4 March 2016

DIARY OF STORIES


Only one week to go until we are with our good friend Julie, then the next week our besties. It’s really funny they are like buses we don’t see them for ages but oddly enough when one is free we seem to see the other the week after.

 

I can’t wait to see them. They are great true friends. And it’s lovely to see Hub with another guy who he gets on so well with. The two men are so alike. So there will be some travel but not too much. A very short train journey, the worst bit is getting to the station from here. Roll on a day when we can drive there. The driverless cars are on their way…. Personally, they terrify me, but so do a lot of things and if it means Hub and I can get out and about more then so be it.

 

This rain has been going all day it’s awful out there, a lot of the country has snow, but we just have the wet stuff.

 

Our electrician came and he was great, did a fantastic job. He wasn’t cheap but he was good and so polite. Gosh please let it be all now, for a very long time?  At last we have lights in our hall. The outside light is working too now. And we don’t have wires hanging from our office ceiling. Also the lights in the living room are fixed. And he sorted our alarm without going on the roof.

 

 

Hub still has real pain from his Trigeminal Neuralgia, gosh; I bet I haven’t spelled that correctly? It’s so awful and made worse with stress. At least he isn’t as bad as he was when I was reunited with him!

 

Oh those days were so worrying. He spent many of a night in hospital. He used to pass out with the pain. Thank God now he is so much better and his pains never go away but he can cope with it now just some days he flairs up and when he does, he’s in agony.  

  

A huge pot of soup is on the stove for tomorrow. I’m going to make some bread rolls too so they will be served hot. I love soup. For those emailing me asking how I’m doing with my eating or not? I’m still not eating before bed which is amazing I have stuck to that for so long. As far as losing weight? Oh I may learn of that tomorrow but really I would rather not know until another few weeks. Put it this way, I do not yet have to wear a belt. Smile.

 

I was reading today that there is a restaurant where if the entire family make it right through their meal without using mobile phones, they receive free ice cream cones…. That is such a sweet idea, if you have young kids, but older ones? I can’t see our three doing that.

 

More in the news, a sheep who previously looked after a baby rhino, is now looking after a baby elephant that last week was rescued from a drainage well.  And finally a dog tail. In Brazil, a group of shelter dogs were put in charge of being ball retrievers in an exhibition match in   Sao Paulo.

 

Animals are simply the best. You get no grief from a good pet, if you are a good owner. Have a lovely weekend. Xx

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: