translate

Wednesday 2 March 2016

DIARY OF ROOM OF JOY


Good morning Bloggets. Here I sit at my desk again I just love this room. Gosh when I think what it used to be like? It still smells so lovely. OK we paid double what we should have done for the carpet, but, he came to the house and that was what we needed. Otherwise we would have had to take a taxi and it’s about a three minute drive and the other shops about an eight minute drive. So not far at all if you can drive, they are both in industrial estates so quite difficult to get to as they are the jungle of shopping areas.  And when we moved here I had my share of carpet shops. I felt for the guys who showed me the carpets. They were running around the place I’m sure it wasn’t necessary haha but it was like panic, blind lass on board how do we deal  with the descriptions? So this

Company we know charge double but, they come show you what they think you will want and next week it’s down. No mess apart from the normal where we seemed to be picking bits up for days. The room just smells so lovely and our new desk and robe are beautiful. I went with my friend Arty and Waggatail to get those. They are solid oak. No veneer in sight or feel. Smile. We have bought cheap before and had disasters.

 

Remember from about three years ago when I started my blog page me telling you how we bought cabinets I filled them with all of my Mum and Nannas china in and the whole lot collapsed. Oh that was a dreadful. Time.

 

They were on glass shelves and slowly the top shelf leading to the second and third started   falling. The sounds were excruciating. The china went into dust. Most of it I had since I was in my early twenties. My Mum gave me it and I never used it some was plates marking anniversaries of where they lived at the time. So now if we can’t afford good stuff we do without.

 

There are still things we haven’t put away though and I can’t face doing it though I will have to. Things like speakers that we won’t use but were expensive so can’t just bin.  Right now they are in the guest room so that was the only blooming tidy room upstairs now it’s got all the rejects from here.

 

Friday I’m at last getting the lights fixed in this room. I have a really lovely lamp shade for in here. Oh it will be so good to tick the box to say this room is at last complete. It’s taken four years to save for it and I love it. The only thing is, I feel guilty so can’t spend much time in here. My Wagga waits at the bottom of the stairs for me with the occasional cry as if to say. “Mummy enough is enough. Come down now?”

 

No matter how many toys I leave her she only likes to play with them if I am there, it’s as if to say. “Watch me I’m so cute and I know how much you love to see me throwing my toys around just avoiding your ornaments?”

 

Oh wait till I tell you this one? You know the brilliant joiner we found? Oh heck. You should see the cupboard he built us in the downstairs hallway. It’s coming apart. I’m so on the edge about it. Hub is furious. He was steaming last night when he came in and saw it. He said ever since we moved here we have been done with tradesmen. I tried to console him by telling him a list of people who have not done us…..

 

I got stuck after one. We paid ridiculous amount of money for our lounge flooring as it had to be solid for Hubs piano, and we tried to get some more same wood a few months later and found out it was out of stock everywhere it was end of range…. No wonder everyone says it’s very nice and they have not seen such like it before? So did we get it cheaper because of that? Nope. But I do love it.

 

 We paid extra for bits for our downstairs toilet they never appeared. And our, painter? He is great, but, we learned last year that two people we gave his phone number to and they got same job as us and he charged them £40 per room less than he charges us. Smile. We just have mug written on our faces.

 

 The Conservatory, hehehe. Oh heck, that is a bit of a problem Hub can hear too much of the traffic only on the left side of the room so I went to clean it last week and noticed the PVC is coming away from the glass…. I’m not going to tell him that one….

 

We paid extra money to a guy to do our front drive as you could play golf on there. It was dangerous too for tripping, but we didn’t mind paying as we know he is good at what he does and the drive we have been told is the best in the street so I’m pleased with his work, only thing is, he said he would come to maintain it and never returned even though I have asked him so many times.

 

Our new garage door?  Hehehehehe. I’m telling you it’s true. We got it put on and within a year we couldn’t open it. Mind you, they did come out and fix it.

 

Our new breakfast bar was put up and fell the same night causing loads of damage and we even had to repaint as Teens dinner went all over the walls. The end-suite well, my goodness. I could write a book on that…

 

We did have  a lovely bathroom put in though and that is a good job, well, apart from the bath has a little split in the side but I’m going to get that fixed when I can be bothered with all of the drama. As it’s under guarantee.

 

I do love my house though and now we are kind of sorted, it’s looking great. I really could go on with the list but won’t as it will start to darken the day.

 

Talking of which, the rain is quite frequent and I can feel it’s dull out there. I need to go to the shops but no way in that. It’s going to be sunny later so will go then. Right now I’m waiting for groceries to be delivered. I got a notification to tell me to watch out for the van coming and I will recognise it as it is the “Onion.” Van. Hahaha. OK I can’t see but I will forgive them for that but even if I could I do laugh as the van pulls up with a huge logo I’m sure of the name of the shop on? And if we have shopping due at that time, and a van pulls up, em…. Let me think. That may be also how we will know it’s them? Hahahaha.Let us see who I get today delivering. Oh gosh…. It’s such a long way too from our front door to the back, having to close doors after me so Waggatail can’t get out. I put as many bags as I can on my arm to get as many through as possible.

 

Now I have to think where in the fridge can I hide Teens birthday cake? Hmm. Nowhere is the answer. I will try to hide it behind food he won’t be interested in. Like veg…

 

Oh talking of veg. Dinner tonight. Gosh inspire me? I’m so bored with cooking. Every day and as I have said before. It’s the planning of it. What to cook? Again an odd day as teen will want dinner obviously at normal time but day two of Hub being very late. I’m getting sick of it now and it’s nothing to do with his office but another one. I hope though it’s coming to an ending for that stupid journey.

 

I must say, it’s been a while since he stayed overnight anywhere? I bet I have spoken too soon and you watch next week?

 

Teen has a plan for today. Home Gym then sleep. Then eat and out tonight to his pre party I mean, pre party? Anyway then goodness knows what time in tomorrow morning about five probably. Then we are up early again for the day as the joiner is coming to fix stuff….

 

So, after I get my shopping an play the weekly game of what’s what? I will take the Wagging one to the shops and I have to pop into the Doctors for a Prescription.  Hub not in till almost nine tonight so a long day for him.

 

Then tomorrow cooking all day. Full English breakfast for the teen, his last year of being a teenager. Then I’m going to bake for his birthday tea. Tonight whilst he’s out I will wrap his gifts and then on Friday we have a guest a friend of teens staying over.

 

Right I can hear the onion van coming into the street. I will go for now and talk again next time I’m up here in my room of joy. X

No comments: