translate

Monday 7 March 2016

BABY BLUE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Baby blue

By Fiona Cummings

 Beautiful butterflies

Musical lullabies

Cuddly bears

Tired tears

I gently rock you

In your cradle

Sleepy eyes of blue

You’re so special

I do love you

Kissable lips of a rose petal

Delectable dimples

My heart hears your giggles

As your duckling mobile jingles

Wrap around fingers so little

A nose so nimble

I sing a song for you

And write a riddle

Close your eyes 

I will keep you safe

Tell you no lies

 And hold you tight

Under the moon so bright

And the silver stars

We will never be far

You and I

As the day you were born

I promised I’d be by your side

Lift you when you fall

Watch you grow tall

Guide you from harm

Your hand in my palm

When it’s time to let you explore

Know you have a forever home

Your front door

Will always be here

Little one

Don’t fear

I will never leave you

Forever I will love you

Protect you

My baby blue

 

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: