translate

Thursday 10 March 2016

JUST BEFORE BED A SMILE


It’s late in the evening she’s wondering what clothes to wear. She puts on her make up, and brushes her long blonde hair….. Haha haha. OK that was the other me. Really, Eric, it is late in the evening. Hub is in bed ill again. And Teen out with pals. I’m going to take a bath. Strange expression. For my new English students in Spain, I’m not going to actually take a bath, as where to? Especially at this time of night, I’m going to have a bath. Relax before a busy day tomorrow. My holiday starts. Having said that, I do have more work to do as in housework before I leave. And loads of writing that has just come through as well as finish the work off I started yesterday. But for now, let’s forget that and pretend that I have a few days off. I hope Hub will be well enough to enjoy our friends company. He is really looking forward to seeing her.

 

All of my parcels came today. Oh my gosh, after yesterday’s shock at the light shade I ordered on line, today, a green tiny bathroom bin…. I must say, it’s blooming ugly. Anyways jog on and put it in the bathroom… Our water where we live kills everything apart from animals and humans. Anything metal glass porcelain etc. Its horrible water. Lime scale. So I have replaced the rusty metals/chrome for plastic. It looks awful. Well, feels awful.

 

Our joiner did a fantastic job at our cupboard in the front hall. It really looks class. As for the new floor at the bottom of the stairs? That tiny porch, well, Waggatail Chris and it today. She was sick on it. Gosh, she is a naughty little Waggatail. Di came for a coffee and a chat and Waggs was so badly behaved. She wouldn’t lie down. She was so excited for company other than her boring Mums.  I have never seen her so stubborn.

 

I kept telling her to lie down, then when she didn’t I told her to come to me. She stayed still. So I got up walked over to her and she walked away, as if to say. “Come on then, find me?”

 

I found the little monkey and put her in her bed, closed the door, though its glass and she can see us, and she protested by throwing up. Nice.

 

I’m not sure how much of my blog page I will be able to write over the next few days, but I will try to come at least once a day. I haven’t forgotten to write about the dog toy I will I promise.

 

Gosh there is a group I’m in and there is such hatred in there. I don’t know if it’s something in the air, but there is a lot of anger out there right now…. I can’t be bothered with it. I normally stick up for those who have been bullied but someone else did that for me today so I took a side step and left the chat in there as I have had enough of angry people the past couple of weeks.

 

Some people think they have the right to talk to others in such a dreadful manner. It’s nasty. I did feel for this person but as I said she was getting support. And I hope that angry person now is feeling half as alone as he made her feel.

 

Oh, just before I go, this was a really funny story Di told me today. Well we thought it was funny.

 

Di was at the doctors in the waiting room. There was a mother with her little girl who looked about four.

“Mummy, I need something to read?””

Mother…. Oh, there isn’t anything for children.””

Little girl.

“What is that over there?””

Mother

“They are leaflets.”

The little girl went to the leaflets brought one back to her Mum and asked what was that? The mother replied.

“Oh you won’t have seen one of those before. They are called cigarettes. They are awful really bad for you and make you cough.””

Little girl.

“I have had one of those before.””

By this point I’m sure the Mother was cringing. At least a shade of crimson? She replied

“Oh no you have never had one of those.”” The girl was adamant she had. The Mother asked when? The girl said.

“When I was a baby.”” Mother replied “No way, whatever makes you think that?”” Little girl.

“I must have had one as when I was a baby, I had a bad cough.

Smile. Xx

No comments: