translate

Wednesday 23 March 2016

WHAT EASTER MEANS


 Easter is here what does Easter mean to you? To me over the years it has meant different things. Christmas has in general meant the same but Easter? Well I think because it is on a different day each year makes it hard to stick with some kind of belief. So Jesus was born on December the 25th, and Easter he rose from the dead. But surely it should be on a particular date? Not just any date that suits.

 

How is the date of Easter determined and why does it change every year between March 22nd and April 25? I believe it has something to do with the Jewish Passover. Jesus’s resurrection happened after the Passover so followers wanted Easter to happen after that celebration. It also has something to do with the paschal full moon and the lunar calendar is also involved. I’m no expert on this subject but roughly that is how Easter changes. This is why I can’t get quite as religious as I could at Christmas.

 

Listen to me? I am not religious. Not at all. I have a belief but it’s not the norm and I wouldn’t say I was religious. I really wish we had one religion which was, or is a way of life rather than praying to something we don’t know about really, we can have our beliefs but none of us know. If weal had one belief and all prayed to our maker rather than give he, she, it, a name, and just had beautiful buildings to do this in and all came together. What an ideal world?

 

All this blowing yourselves up and other people you don’t even know? Some of them could be your religion you are murdering, and not to give your children blood if they are dying? To believe that you are a sinner if you don’t believe in one kind of God? And so on. Why can’t we all just live as brothers and sisters and laugh be happy and kind? Why?

 

Anyway moving off religion and back to what Easter means to you other than the religious aspect? As a child, my brother and I used to get lovely huu’uu’uuge Easter eggs. They were always so beautiful. I loved most of all the baskets with a giant egg in. I loved school making Easter bonnets and so on. Only part of our cruel boarding school I did like. And it meant a long holiday home from nasty sleepover school. It was always sunny too and my Mum used to make hard boiled eggs with onion peal. I still do that for teen.

 

When I had my Son, we used to take him to lovely events at Easter. In Northumberland my ex and I would go to a grand hall where the gardens would have wonderful crafts on.

 

I would hide eggs for teen to find and buy bunny rabbits to place for clues for him to find them. I would hide them in the house and garden as Easter used to always appear so warm.

 

Daffodils I loved. And still do I think they are my most favourite flower.

 

When we went to the US with our friends, our lovely host made us huge Easter baskets. Gosh that was an amazing time.

 

So family time. All come together. Well our family is tiny now but at some point during this Easter Hub and I will be seeing our family and I have bought lots of goodies to eat. But today was wonderful. A knock on the door. Hub answered it. It was our lovely friend Val. How very kind and how touched I was she brought a beautiful cake and two palm crosses. I have never seen those and Hub said he has not seen them since he was tiny. They are in my window now. Representing what? Our maker that’s who. As I do believe that Jesus is our maker only not what was said in the bible. I believe he was from another planet for sure and we killed him as he was different just as we would today if a space craft came to earth. We never learn.

 

Easter to me is happy children spending time with families making fun stuff? Going to church just to get some kind of community guidance. Just to put you on the right road. A road which won’t block out your mind of openness. What Val did today for us was an act of pure kindness that I will never forget. So again, a neighbour or friend you have not seen for ages, pop in with some kind of egg? Or daffodils? Hot cross buns? A cake anything just to say happy Easter. And happy Easter to you. X

    

 

   

No comments: