translate

Monday 14 March 2016

DIARY OF BLUSHES


Good evening morning whatever where ever. It’s silly hour in the UK right now. I went to bed at a decent time. Just on the pumpkin hour. After half an hour or so I fell asleep only to be woken by the hairy giant beatle.ahmmm’mmm’mmmahm. Yep. Huge hairy black beastie of a bug.

 

As I took to my elevation on one arm flying through the air at great heights and speed, I was told by Hub that there was nothing there.

“Nothing there?” I exclaimed. How did he know? He can’t see.

Oh, then it struck me.

 Neither can I.

 

Well, it was there in my imagination or real life not sure, guessing the imagination thing kicking in. Then the pain, the pain of great Fifi flying flawlessly through the air like a majestical craft in flight as if the Red arrows were performing some kind of artwork in the sky above applauding audiences.

 

Only there were no people clapping. No one cheering. Hub not impressed at being woken up by one of my night terrors. This time leaving me so anxious feeling pain from the one armed acrobats that I had earlier performed. My aging body no longer can do stunts and the pain. Oh heck. Now my right arm is burning as if someone was cutting the blood flow off. I feel like I have put my shoulder out. Then I remembered when I fell on the road a few weeks ago. I still have nightmares about that. I hear the cars and feel the rough tarmac. For two weeks after that day I hurt but tonight no car ran me over though after the bug thing, the panic attacks kicked in. My heart is pounding my chest tight and no way I could stay in bed. So I came downstairs and made a cup of tea. We have a guest staying with us and goodness only knows? Haha. I know I woke teen up. Then I was mortified. Did he think his Mum and Dad were up to tricks? Oh heck…. I felt the urge to explain why Mum screamed. Well, by the time he asked what had I said, then said sorry Mum what did you say? And I explained again, I sounded less convincing.

 

Anyway must tell you this. I had to go to the dreaded doctors yesterday. Not that I dislike the Doctors, they are nice, but the receptionists? I can’t bare them. Anyway, I really don’t know what was wrong with Wagga. She just worked so badly and this doesn’t fill me with confidence. But we got there. And without her it would be impossible. I just wish I didn’t feel so exhausted on my return. She really needed a lot of encouragement

She just wouldn’t find the door to the Doctors. It was crazy she was off it by a metre. A very sweet lady told me I needed to be to the left and she even opened it for me. Bless her. Then as we entered the second door Waggs did that really well, then she found the queue, OK, the wrong end of the queue, but at the desk at least, there was silence. So I thought, my turn as the receptionist asked if she could help. I began to tell her of my prescription. She then apologised saying she was talking on the phone. Hahahahahahahahah. Oh. Heck. Right. Not me then?

 

Then I got the stupid mousey one. I wish I could do impressions through my blog. I should start a talking blog, shouldn’t I? At this point my friends will be saying, yes, as they know me too well and I’m always telling stories with other people’s accents and voices…..

 

She told me through her whispers of fear to go to the computer. OK, yep, where is it? I thought that rather than asking. Anyways as I went to the right, she said nothing. I waited. And waited. Then the lovely lady from outside came to me by the way, she wasn’t still outside at this point, I must add, she came in the reception with me. She took my hand bless her and said that the computer was to the right a bit more. I thanked her profusely and remarked that it was a good job for the public as if I were to rely on the staff I would be collecting my pension  by the time I got my prescription.

 

Told the woman with the mousy mouth that I needed my script and asked her if she could have it sent to the chemist. Oh heck, what? Make her work? Gosh, forms to fill in. Well she told me to pop into the chemist and let them know….

 Ok. Right. Why?

 I just left.

 

Oh gosh Waggs. The door? Well, she found it in the end thankfully just before the angel in the form of the lady was just about to come to my rescue again. Out the second doors and on our way to the chemist.

 

I am always so scared of that part as Waggs really doesn’t like walking home. She works better going. Well, if that was her best today goodness knows what I was to expect on the way back?

 

Again though she stopped at the kerb. Right on the tactile  path too. The cars passed and at last it was clear. Where I need to cross too, its right on the end of a side road with the main road at my left the noise was bad today I thought it was clear, I closed my eyes said a prayer and crossed. Hahaha. Crossed over, not the sign of the cross…

 

Turned right on the up kerb and did the walk to the end of the path going so steady towards the end as if Waggs doesn’t stop exactly at the right place, there is a huge step up and if you trip up that you are in a soil garden….. Yep, Ive done it before expertly. Anyway on our next road, a bloody van parked right on the up kerb.by the way, the only up kerb that is possible on the side where Waggatail is taught to do. So she brilliantly negotiated another place to go and up we went via the side entrance. She didn’t walk me into the evil posts they have sticking up in the middle of the path like she did when I first got her. If I were to use a white cane, I would have to do all that by feeling everything around me including the van. Tapping into the posts and trying to find the building. A dog is so good when they avoid things like that. SO much less stress. Anyway into the chemist. Oh heck Bloggets. Wait till I tell you this?

 

As I pushed the heavy door open. Then to keep the heat in I went to close it. It was so stiff. You know those doors where by when you open them they have a mechanism where they can’t just close on their own? So I’m pulling the door. Then I took Wagga lead only in my hand and let go of her harness. To release my two hands. After very long seven or eight seconds of me battling with the door. A man told me he was trying to get out. Hahahahehehehehheahhahahahah

 

Well why didn’t he speak up earlier?

 

Oh I was red.

 

So I was pulling he was pulling and I’m not talking a Christmas cracker.

 

Told the lovely staff at the chemist what mousy had to say and on my way again. Oh Wagga just wouldn’t work. Every opportunity she got to stop, sniff and refuse to walk, she did. But she also avoided the horrid steps that go over your head and if you get too close, you will knock your head on the bottom of them. I remember when I was in training, no, not for the London Marathon, but the week I did Guide Dog training, my instructor was very concerned about the steps. Almost as much as me… Smile. But though I have come close, never has Wagga walked me into them…. Hang on, where’s me wood to touch for luck?

 

It took ages to get home but we did and I did praise her. Without her it would be impossible. I’m OK with the white cane but to go that far, would worry me. And take much much longer. So though she was such a challenge today for reasons not be known to human, we got there and back.

 

It took about thirty five minutes. If I could see and I had a car, may be five, if I could see without a car? So I just walked with sight? Twelve minutes. But it was an adventure indeed. And I’m glad I found the courage to do it. I have to go and collect the blooming thing in a couple of days. Why a couple of days? That is when it will be ready. I mean, what happened to the next day?

 

OK, shall I go to bed now? Perhaps the bug has moved on? Hmm. May stay up a little longer. There is a dish washer to empty. Night night sleep tight mind the bed bugs don’t bite. Smile. Xx

No comments: