translate

Tuesday 1 March 2016

DIARY OF LIFE


Good day Bloggets. Today I am babysitting. Don’t ask…. So late at writing. I have spent most of the night online trying to order my Son a birthday card. Sadly now he is going to have to receive one that doesn’t say Son just a one from our grocery shopping, again, don’t ask, a frustrating time!

 

 I expect he will be in in a few hours fed and out then one day left before his celebrations begin. He is out with friends tomorrow night, Thursday with us but having lunch with a couple of friends, then after we have the pleasure of his company, Friday he is out again and bringing a friend home for the night then Saturday going out for once a fun thing to do other than drinking. Thank goodness he has five of his friends out of about forty who have said yes to fun and torn themselves away from alcohol there were a couple more but can’t take time off work.

 

Today is windy and dull here. Not too cold though. I really don’t know what to make for dinner tonight. It’s an odd day. Hub left for work this morning at ten to eight. What a nightmare of a journey he had? From door to door it took him four hours.  A colleague is driving him back to Peterborough then she is leaving him at the train station then he gets a train home will be in for half seven then back to Peterborough tomorrow again. So much travelling he does in a week.

 

The little fella last night was so cute. He does this thing where he puts his head on your knee, as he did with Hub yesterday. Just to explain for any new Bloggets, LF is Hubs guide dog. I don’t want you to think that we have a little man who comes and gives us cuddles.

 

Anyway he puts his head on then his chest sideways so his back is on the ground and he is twisted. He can stay like that for ages just to get hugs. Then his long lengthy legs lift and before you know it, only two legs are on the floor but his whole body is sideways across your knees. Well last night before Hub could say Jack Robinson, the full long legged lovely blonde was sitting on hub, and no, hub wasn’t dreaming. Hahahaheheheha.

 

Well, Hub was trying to tell LF off to get off when he couldn’t speak for laughing. I mean he’s not exactly small our LF. And it was the way he looked down on the floor to Waggatail as if to say. “He’s my, Dad. I’m here little squirt.”

 

Needless to say, we got the little fella down. But it did look so funny he is the most affectionate dog, all he wants is so much love. And he gets it.

 

I can’t look out of my windows though I’m glad I have them. I don’t really like leaving them open in the summer to be honest, as a blind person you never know who may try to get in, so in a way, they are forever closed, for sound and sight, this is why I like to sit out in the summer, but our back garden is now driving Hub crazy and me too. He wants to move house, but I don’t as I have a lovely group of friends here, OK I see them about once every six weeks, but I know if I really need something and to be honest, I really would have to need it it would almost be like life or death situation, I know I could ask them.

 

 I wish I wasn’t like that, then I would be out more but I take after my Mum and she was the same she was a giver rather than a taker. I regard asking for help as taking and a weakness. I loved it when  my brother in law used to come as we were so comfortable with each other I didn’t feel bad about asking him for help, and if I didn’t only  ask once a year, I would be convinced that is why he moved to Australia. Smile.

 

So through my closed window I hear as I sit at my desk, the outside world. Lots of trucks going by, birds singing and the odd footstep. Dogs barking and the forgotten recycle bin tapping along the ground probably ours from some weeks ago we lost one. Busses pass the side road and wind howls like a roaring ocean.

 

I wait for spring to show its beautiful signs. Right now it’s a dull early winter like day but I’m told spring is on its way. So today I don’t feel any warm sun on my face or know that there are flower buds pushing their way through the ground or little leaves decorating the limbs of trees, I in my mind have to have one foot on the lush grass of spring, waiting in anticipation for spring coming alive.

 

We have to have hope, as without hope what is the purpose? We can hope for a miracle, waiting for healing for example, or just waiting for some news, we all wait with hope.

 

Whilst many of us are experiencing winter seasons of life, one thing we have in common is hope. As you old Bloggets will know I make our family sit around the table for meals. I think this is one important value of life and that is one of the only things that I have insisted of Teen and even Hub to some extent. He would happily have dinner alone rather than wait for all of us to get together. It isn’t happening in my kitchen. It’s a time for family values to be set and to have conversations time without the tech like IPods and IPhones. Sadly I fear all of our kids have growths and those growths are some form of IPod IPhone or whatever.

 

Though we do talk. And with all of our kids the conversation can get quite heated with different opinions. The other night Teen and Hub spoke of science. Gosh, I was lost. I just observed. I couldn’t believe how well informed my Son is with regards such subjects. And last night we spoke of a God. The brain too. I felt so in touch with my spiritual side and wish at times I could reunite myself with the days when I used to visit our spiritual church with my friend Elaine from where I used to live.

 

It was a lovely church but again sadly there were some bitter people who just had to spoil things and the church fell apart. Some people regarded us as devil worshippers. No, we were very good people who wanted peace and love and were open minded enough to look outside of the box. To see what is real, rather than what is written in an ancient book.

 

We spoke last night about the bible. How the bible predicted certain situations.

 

Our cosy chat ended and a seed had been planted in my Sons mind. This seed I hope will grow and blossom.  

 

Once again thank you for your emails I really look forward to reading them. And I will answer within the next couple of days.

 

 Before I go

I wish today for your life to witness laughter, love and light.

No comments: