translate

Wednesday 30 March 2016

DINING IN THE DARK


Hey there dearest Bloggets. Well, thank you for your supportive reactions to my earlier blog on the restaurant. I remember an Indian restaurant we went to some years ago. It was one I have been to with friends who can see and we didn’t take our dogs because we felt like we may get refused. I loved the food there and Hub for our Anniversary asked me if I would like to go back and just try to get in with the dogs. It was a last minute decision; I had my Black Beauty at the time, left her at home as she was even more anxious than Wagga for city traffic. I took my cane and followed Hub with the amazing Long Chops AKA Suki.

 

Gosh we so got lost. I was in a right state. Terrified as the sounds of the busy traffic and we found ourselves in the middle of a road on an island thank goodness but couldn’t hear for the lorry’s going by. So we didn’t know if it was clear to cross or not.

 

People did pass us but we had no one who stopped to ask if we needed help crossing, we did ask a few people but they didn’t answer. At last there was a break in the traffic and we went across but I will never forget it. Though we went straight over, there was no up kerb at the other side. Just a pile of soil. Now where were wee?

 

Anyways, thank goodness a very sweet man came over to us. He stopped his car bless him and got out. He said that there wasn’t a path, but led us to where we were on the other side further down the road where there was a path. Again, it was like an island. We had some kind of sat nav on Hubs IPhone. I think it was taking us as if we were a car. Haha. Gosh, I really just wanted to go home. Having said that, where was home? We were so lost.

 

Down narrow streets and passing by lord knows what but we found someone who told us we were going in the right direction. At last after forty minutes we arrived. Went in and were told that there were no tables. This was on a Thursday night at ten past six.

 

It sounded so empty. We came out and stood near the door. AN elderly couple came to the door, I asked them if they had booked a table, they said no. In they went and they didn’t come back out, more and more people went in, so we made our way back and this time we took it so slowly and followed our intuition.

 

I was ready to return and just order a Pizza. Hub wasn’t ready for that he said he was going to take me for dinner for our Anniversary. To be honest, I lost the will. I know with friends it took about eighteen minutes to get there last time from where we were dropped off the bus. So forty was a bit more and for sure more stress.

 

We did well at getting back. I didn’t know of any other restaurants as we were new to this area. Though I’m sure passed loads as the smells came wafting out from buildings but in front of the buildings, were planters tables or just iron gates so it wasn’t obvious what they were or even where the door was.

 

At last we were on the street I recognized. Hub asked someone if there was a restaurant near. We did get a few people pointing and others saying no they didn’t know anywhere, which I found odd as we knew by the smell that there were eateries around us.  Then a lady who sounded kind informed us that we were just down the street from a nice place, she said two doors down. Well, doors? Where? We found one but the other was set back as was the building we were meant to go, Anyway asking again, we found the door. We asked for the man to show us the actual door. I hate asking I leave most of it to Hub. I always feel like I’m bothering them. And I’m sure I am.

 

Anyway we got to the door thanked the man and in we went. Oh, heck, Hahheheheh  it was one of those kind of doors where you go through and there is  a huge reception place with no one in just a empty place so we found a load more glass, now pushing each panel to see what would open, as I did, the noise was like a swimming pool. It was so full of echo. High ceilings. We stood. Waited. And waited. I turned to Hub and said we were in the wrong place. Then a lady came to us and said some words. With the loud voices and clattering of plates and so on, I heard every two words. But Hub I heard and he asked the lady to allow me to take her arm and he would follow. Great old LC was the best at that.

 

She led me to a table and was so lovely all night. We had a delicious meal, I did laugh as Hub asked our waitress where were we? I think it’s called Ask. And boy, ask we did that night.

 

Now we are meeting our family for the restaurant in a few days so we would be OK but imagine if Hub and I decided just to go to Oven in Darlington find it after a struggle and be told we were not allowed?

 

My Sister in law pre asked the restaurant if we could bring our Guide dogs and we were told no, so it’s OK, we have booked another and I will let you know when I’m back what it was like but the lady who owns it was very pleasant to my Sister and said our dogs would be welcome. Oh heck, let Waggs be on her best behaviour? Smile.

 

It’s a beautiful sunny day now but before was raining very hard. Teen in from work and now off to the town to buy what he needs to go away with. Oh I hope my baby enjoys himself he deserves it as he works so hard. When he gets back, he is working ten days in a row. It’s bad; he is on early starts again so has to be awake at four. Whilst his boss comes in at mid-day. Not bad, hey?

 

Today one of Teens colleagues was late the other phoned in sick. Leaving teen and one other young lad an assistant to open the shop and then who turned up? The auditors. Oh great, Teen has not done that job before so talk about getting thrown in at the deep end? But he did so well bless him and they got 95% whatever that means. If only the top boss knew what responsibility Teen has put up with there, I’m for one so proud of him. Last week again he was the only boss in, the alarms went off they were faulted. He had to look up the people who deal with that to get them to call out to repair it. On the same day, a huge order hadn’t turned up at the depo that was meant to. He dealt with that too making sure that the company were told off and he told me how he spoke with such calmness and in such a professional manner. Long and short of it was the company apologised the order came in just a little late and the customers received a discount so they were impressed with Teen. I think though that the straw that will break the camel’s back will be when Teen returns and works ten days in a row. It’s not just the eight hours some days ten, it’s the two hours transport there and back. And so early in the morning too.

 

Our steam mop came it’s great. I hope. Again who knows if it has removed stains if there indeed are any stains on the kitchen floor, but it has made them very smooth without effort from me?

 

Learning how to put it together was fun. Quite easy though and then where to put the water and detergent. All done though as for the instructions how to do it? PA, instructions destructions. Hahaha. A bit of paper which went in the bin. No good to us….

 

It came with three cloths. I put them on the windowsill in the living room and when I returned from the kitchen to the lounge, there was a Little Fella with one of the cloths in his mouth.

 

He was so proud to show me what he found. As if to say thank you Mummy for this toy, I rather like it.

 

He is a funny little fella; he sucks your finger like a baby. I’m not kidding. He Nussles your finger, then his mouth closes in and he sucks. I promise. I wonder if it is when he was a baby, pup, he was very very ill and I wonder if he had to be fed by bottle. As never have I known a dog to be able to do that.

 

He is the cutest dog. They have just been playing in the garden and they went wild. Now all calm in their bed. I haven’t told them yet but tomorrow they are going for a free run with our lovely lady who takes them for us. One day I would love to take both of them and see how they are together. It would have to be with Artie my friend. She’s coming next week but LF will be back at work with Hub and there LF sometimes gets a free run with one of the ladies in the office who kindly feels sorry for LF who is normally under Hubs desk or sitting next to his chair in a meeting.

 

OK, here is teen home. Oh heck that music in his car? Will go to make dinner now and chat later. Keep well won’t you? Xx

No comments: