translate

Tuesday 15 March 2016

JUST BEFORE BED


Just before bed I wanted to chat to my Bloggets. Gosh what a day? Not a good one. I received a lovely email from the big office that was sent with such kind words. My press release got a story published in one of the newspapers which lead to a volunteer for the team I, volunteer for, which is fantastic. It’s hard to get anything published, but when I do and there is a member of public who reads the story and picks up the phone to ask about volunteering, my heart dances as I know that someone out there is going to get the help they really need. It also restores my faith in our British public.

 

  I received an email to say that the wedding speech that I wrote for a wedding yesterday went down very well. That was a blooming relief as I didn’t know the best man, groom or bride from Adam. It is so difficult to write for another when you don’t know them? So, humour? Well, what if they have none? Haha. I do try to get some kind of synopsis to go on, but still would be better if I got a feel for that person/people.

 

So what was awful about today? Gosh, where to start? Well, not at the beginning. No. I will hold back on that one, I will start at the end. As I was watching the news before they were talking about making all schools in the UK academies. Rather than the councils having anything to do with them. The woman who was talking about it, one of the reporters who was trying to explain what it would all mean, came out with the most condescending comment ever. She said that if a school/academy needed a math teacher, and they were going to pay good money than they would expect a good teacher so they would have more chance in getting one from the South. Oh I was ready to kick the TV but then she would never know and we would be without one.

 

So what is she saying? All the best most intelligent teachers live in the south? All people from the north etc. are not as bright so pointless applying for the roll that will pay well?

 

Another thing that has annoyed me today is a lovely loyal Blogget who is fully sighted has a child who they the doctors thought had the same eye disease as me. RP. So for months the poor child has had test after test after test. Well, oddly I was saying to Hub yesterday, if it was RP, surely they would know just by shining the light in the child’s eyes? When I have a student Rd. Looking at my eyes, he/she isn’t told of my condition. He/she has to look and say what they think it is and they always get the right answer. Well today the child went with their Mum our Blogget family member and her Dad to the top hospital in London for eyes. They had to say that they didn’t now think it was RP but didn’t know what it was. So more waiting for the poor Mum and child.

 

So we can send a man to space but not know what is wrong with someone’s eyes? In the meanwhile they told the Mum that they thought it was RP so poor lady has been doing loads of research knowing her child one day could go blind.  Now to learn that may never happen is great, but still not to have a name for it? You need to know then you know what you are dealing with. And the lovely child has had to have more time off school. But what a lovely little lad he is. It broke my heart when he wrote

“I just wish I could stop bumping into things and falling over.”  Bless his heart. He is a special young man who will go far in life. I just know it. I hope his Mum gets all the support she deserves as no one wants their child to suffer we as parents would rather take the rubbish for our kids.

 

Another thing close to my heart today is bullying. I can’t stand it when someone takes what they think as fact when they don’t have a clue of the truth. Then twist the knife and slander someone. Threatening. Using abusive language. I know they have to get certain things off their chest, but how dare they treat someone so badly who has never spoken to them in such a manner? I say to that person on the receiving end, walk away. Hold your head up high and never bother with that person again. So you love that person, they mean the world to you? Just give up? Yes. If you mean so little to them. Give up. You don’t need their nasty negative energy robbing you of your calm clever clean conscience.

 

Heartbroken? Well, two people I know this week have had break ups. One was a brief encounter never the less, a romance they took to their heart. The other has been in a relationship for two years. Both cases so sad. How can someone who said they love you end up treating you so badly? Does love really die?

 

I know there are days when I can’t stand the way my ex has been in the past, but to be honest, I would never hurt him and if he were in real trouble I would help him, we were married for almost 25 years. Same with Hub and his ex, I know he wouldn’t see her hurt, I hope not anyway, I wouldn’t that is for sure. But a third friend is going through hell with her ex. He is being a real pain to her. Only a year ago to see them, he was so in love with her? And her him. Now, he seems to hate her with a passion. Gosh, how? My Mum used to say. “There’s nowt funnier than folk.” Meaning people are just odd.

 

When the day comes when genetics are as easy to work with as giving a simple injection, I wonder if we or the medics will make it so everyone has to have  only good genetics? A little tamper here and there and wo’woooo’oo  we have only happy people? Wow, that would be great.

 

We all know the pain of grief. Wheterh it be our loved ones or pets. The pain is a killer. If we had something that turned that pain down? That would be fantastic. Aggressive people? No more, go and get your geans altered.

 

Just before bed positive quotes I simply love.

“The time to relax is when you just don’t have time for it.”

“Nothing is permanend in this whicket world. Not even our troubles.”

“When we are unable to find tranquillity within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.”

“Learning to ignore things, is one of the paths to inner peace.”

And this makes me smile.

“women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Well on that note, I shall retire to the land of slumber and I will hope this evening I don’t have a guest…. On that note, a lady said to me tonight I hope you don’t see your bed bugs. Hahah. May I just add. It was not real. It was my wild imagination. If you don’t know what I mean, read todays blog… With love and thanks to these people.

Sydney J Harris

Charlie Chaplin


Robert J Sawyer  

Robert A Heinlein

  

No comments: