translate

Sunday 20 March 2016

THE REAL HEAVEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE REAL HEAVEN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

By the river flowing so fast

Thinking of memories from my past

How time changes

And people move on

Ripples dance then they are gone

Lost in conflict

Rules so strict

Then the spring hour jumps forward

And no turning backwards

As the lily’s bow to say hello

And the sun kisses the clouds

With a yolk so yellow

Reminding me why I should be so proud

I’ve faced the enemy

Raised my family

Walked a head

When being held back in my head

The starving I have fed

Healed the ill who bled

Stepped with care where others fear to tread.

As the whispers from the grasses blew

And the unwanted weeds grew

I sat among them feeling at home

As one

Where others did roam

But I have already been there

Now I don’t have a care

Not a worry crosses my thoughts

 Anger and sadness I abort

Lessons in life I have already taught

A fish floats by asking to be caught

Temptation

Aggravation

Emotion

Compulsion

Just breathe

Don’t grieve

For something that has died unnecessarily

Is a life wasted

A bubble deflated

A second of time

Something so fine

Stamped on in the grime

A mountain to climb

A lifestyle so prime

So perfect it is here

Not far away

Is a gloomy day

But I don’t need to move far

To share the blanket of the midnight star

And be witness to life so true

Just looking at this river blue

Such a view

 A story

Living the glory

Playing with pebbles

Crushing troubles

Among the rubble

I find that weed

And plant it with a seed

So that by the river

Petals can hover

Without a bother

Away from the greed

The cruelty of humanity

A life of solidarity

No need for charity

As all is given

This is the real heaven

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: