translate

Tuesday 23 February 2016

WINGS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WINGS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 If I had wings to fly to you, I would

To feel the air flow would be so good

To wrest in a forest on a fence of wood

And admire the bluebells

Take in the smells

Nature all around

What grows in the ground

To the stars in the sky

Ide look up to the moon that was trying to hide

And take off again to see what I could find

Floating on a cloud

Away from earth so loud

Feel the warmth from the sun

The yolky yellow fun

Against the cobalt dusk

The temperature changes now into mist

As the curtains of the eve begin to close

Again my wings must wrest

I sit in a garden with a huge single rose

As a night owl sits near taking a pose

If only I had a camera

But such needs are minor

I got a reminder

I have my memory

It’s like a diary

The pungent toadstools is home to a creature

A butterfly bush is a permanent feature

 Such a pretty garden

As I bow to the crow sitting high on a fence

Ask him where is his Mrs

I smile as I dream he replies

On her way home she will bring lots of kisses

On my way again I will fly

Passing the snowy owl so wise

He lands on my wing

Together we sing

Head for the land of Forever Bells Ring

Have you heard of that place?

They say it was there

Then disappeared without a trace

It’s high in the sky

Way beyond where humans with craft can fly

But my wings you see

 Were given to me

By an angel who knew me

How? Not sure

But she was so pure

Her skin was like milk

And dress of silk

Wings were of a white I had never seen before

They came from her shoulders and down to the floor

Her hair was long and silver

Again the most pretty colour I have ever known

She spoke in a whisper

Said her land was under a dome

And everything in it

Was made from chrome

No one felt alone

And there were no wars

They didn’t have keys

As they didn’t need doors

She smiled but had no mouth well, not like ours

She had a fragrance

Of the most sweetest flowers

She handed me small wings

And said she was being called

As the bells did ring

In her marble hall

I asked where was that?

She said I would learn

It’s near the sun

 But no one will burn

They would wait for me

I asked who?

She gave me one shoe

And told me the other would be given

When I reached heaven

I didn’t want to go there

For those who loved me and showed they cared

But she then touched my face

And left tears of Christel

Told me to be brave

And head to my castle

She turned and beckoned me

Then I couldn’t see

Blue dust fell before me

A cool breeze

I was stolen by thieves

My soal left what once was inside  me

And then I went on my journey

As my life flashed before me

I put pen to paper and send you this message

Among the foliage

In a town or village

There is an angel passing you by

If you need one

Just say hi

As we do exist

So don’t rezist

We are here to help you

Because we love you

We are who you once knew

And we are so true

I’m still looking for Forever Bells Ring

Where I will receive bigger wings

And bring mine back to this land

Hold a hand

Of someone who is in need

A golden pill I will feed

To make them better

Make the small grater

And guide those who are lost

These wings will be given to someone

Who will end their winter of frost?

And enter the land of warmth

To feel forever love

Just know those who have left your every day

Are flying up above

And from time to time

They come your way

Just listen to what they say

Talk to them tonight when you pray

 

 

© Fiona Cummings  

No comments: