translate

Sunday 14 February 2016

GONE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Gone

By Fiona Cummings

 

Like a bird in winter without a song

As if a homeless person all alone

Just a note to say they have gone

Like boxes at Christmas empty

A key to a bolted door to home

I had so much to say words of plenty

 But in the mist of this ghostly zone

I need the charity

A life of quality

I had before

Pick up the phone talk to a stranger

What to say

What was my home, my manger?

Is an empty shell

Without feeling I do dwell

Its hell

Put out my hand

I don’t understand

Where is the person who filled my world?

Left penniless

Where once my path was gold

My heart was filled with happiness

Now left covered in blankets of sadness

Be courageous

Is what I try to tell myself

Who to talk with other than the help over the phone

They don’t know me

So they don’t care

They want to hear my pain

How can I share?

My soul is drained

My summers have forever rain

And in winter a storm

My heart has been torn

Where are you now?

To reach out to you how?

Will you ever return?

Is this a life lesson I must learn?

Should I move on?

But how now you are gone

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: