translate

Wednesday 17 February 2016

ON WITH THE SHOW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


ON WITH THE SHOW

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 On the wings of rage

I enter the stage

Red curtains open  

Painted lips shout words rarely spoken

The sound effects and lights

Everything so bright

I look out into the audience

I’m full of confidence

As I’m not myself

But someone else

Clashing sounds

I look all around

I’m in the crowd

Their dancing

Chanting

I stand next to the lantern

Sing a song full of fury

Life is real all around me

But in my head

 My old soul is dead

Now I’m acting the part

For a short time I’m able to stop my heart

Put everything on hold

Read my lines so bold

People hate me

I’m the villain

But it’s a sell out

We made a killing

Then time to remove the paint

Back to being a saint

Well, that is what they think

As I pour a drink

Reach for the tobacco

As they say next day

On with the show

 

Fiona Cummings ©

No comments: