translate

Sunday 14 February 2016

A DOZEN ROSES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A DOZEN ROSES

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 A dozen roses you gave to me

 A perfect vision before me

As love pours from your heart deep within me

Our hands hold in a lock like a key

Our souls dance

Is this romance?

Our love is meant to be

Pure passion

As our lips touch

I love you so much

  It’s not a fashion

It’s so real

Like a pack of cards

I will let you deal

And take the gamble

As this is how I feel

No matter what we are given in life

We will always be there

To love to care

To laugh to cry

Until that day we have to say goodbye

But in the meanwhile you gave me wings to fly

You fed me food to try

And we drink from the same glass

We were meant to meet on the same path

Our lives were chosen

And roses of a dozen

Are just a simple

The moon makes the tide ripple  

As a higher power

Controls our world

From the beautiful flower

To the pot of gold

At the end of the rainbow

Chocolates with a satin bow

Taste the love only we know

In winter full of snow

We shall sit at the fire a glow

As we have such a connection

And affection

We are forever   

You don’t need to be clever

  To know why we are together

My first and forever love

I Thank the angels from above

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: