translate

Wednesday 17 February 2016

DIARY OF LIFE


Good day at last Bloggets. The past two days have been interesting to say the least. Whilst I enjoyed yesterday with my friend, afterwards was not exactly what I had planned but such as life and today continued in the same manner. But now I’m home, it’s raining Hub is not in the best of moods and our dogs keep smiling.

 

Whilst observing other people’s lives, I realise how mine is OK really. I’m happy and safe and apart from the worry of our kids, life is OK.

 

I told you a few days ago how to get a replacement handle for our drawer we had to take a photograph and when I told the lady on the phone I was blind and couldn’t take a picture, she then asked me to read the white card on the inside of the drawer. Ok. So I can’t see enough to take a photograph because I’m blind but I can see to read the writing on the card in the drawer? Well, just now I went to order the Little Fellas dog food and it’s the first time I have done so since we got him as last lot came from Guide Dogs.  So I needed his computer number. I couldn’t find where we had written it down so I called the food place and told her I didn’t have the number and she asked me if I have ordered food from them before? I said I have for my guide dog but not for Hubs. She then said the number will be on his disk. I then said, again, I cannot see I’m blind. She then repeated its’s on his disk. Just then thankfully someone from our guide dog office emailed his number to Hub so we were able to do it. But really, some people?

 

My friend the other day on the phone asked me what colour was the fish van that came to my door. I said. “Vivi, how on earth am I going to know that?” She then asked was it white with a green sign?

I give up. My friends say it’s because I look as though I can see. Well, OK so when you first befriend me that’s fine, but after fourteen years? Smile.

 

Apart from one, my poetry may be a little odd over the next few days. Why? Life.

 

I have been in the gym or should I say our garage, on the treadmill every day apart from yesterday since Saturday, so I know that is only three days plus half an hour ago as I came in I headed right there. So four days in total. I feel so bloated. Every time I do any exercise I really feel so much bigger. And I feel so ill. I was talking with someone who has a family member who has just dropped down dead and it’s so tragic they were very sporty and were only 42. I say dropped down dead, they had cancer but the Doctors didn’t acknowledge it until four weeks ago. Even though they had been going to the Doctors for a couple of months before that. It’s so sad they leave behind devastation and it just shows how fast you can go if you have cancer. My poor Mum in law went quite quickly too in fact again, she didn’t find out she had cancer until the last week. This day in age that is shocking but, I wouldn’t want to know if I had it unless they could fix it and most cancers now if caught in time can be treated. My good friend had breast cancer and thank goodness they caught hers and she is fine now and I hope she will be for years to come.

 

It’s rained all day and I’m wet through so will go for now and post a poem I wrote the other day then I hope to be back tomorrow, but may have to post later on as expected to be on a train again in the morning. Before I go some words. A sign of strength is not to give up if all goes wrong just try harder. You can’t live completely independently; every person needs someone at times. Bad things may happen so be prepared. Sometimes it’s better to give up and run rather than stay keep trying and getting hurt.   Take care cos I care.

No comments: