translate

Tuesday 2 February 2016

DIARY OF THE DAY


Good evening Bloggets. I’m so proud of my sharers and carers. I say care as you have shown you do by sharing my RP awareness blog. By doing this, I have heard from people in the US, a person in India France and Brazil. People who have never heard of RP until they read my blog today and they read the blog because so many of you have shared it. So many kind words that mean so much and one person has donated money to RP research. Wow, well done to you all.

 

OK, a late diary. I never went out of the house today apart from letting my girl do her doggy doodles in the garden. And to the garage where I met with a door that wasn’t there before. Right, no, fairies haven’t been to my house and put one of their doors on my garage wall, it was in the garage yesterday, but Hub moved it without my knowledge. Now I know what you may be thinking, if you remember his DIY skills last week, taking down our old furniture and the door off our home office all with a kitchen. Knife. Hhahahaha. So now are you thinking he has knocked out some bricks and has filled the gap with a door? Nope, it is a new door our so called joiner was to put on the office. I bought it last week put it in the garage but Hub put it to the front of the garage without me knowing so it would be easy for the joiner to find. Just he didn’t tell me.

 

As I walked into our garage I used my new skill of echo or whatever my blind friends call it. It is when blind people know there is something in the way by sound feeling or something. I’m not even sure I know what it is but it is a skill I have learned to develop thanks to my Husband and some friends.

 

So I felt an object tall and wide in my way. I got the fright of a lifetime. Was it someone in my garage? Then I investigated and it was the door. Standing there looking all lost and homeless. I reassured it we would find a place for it whenever the stupid man would come and do what he set out to do…

 

I was putting in the dryer a bunch of white towels. I have decided to make life easy, I would buy only white towels then I wouldn’t need to stress about colours when washing. I told you before about me buying Hub only white shirts for work for the same reason. But he didn’t like it, he said he looked boring. Hahaha Get my Hub the fashion Guru.

 

Hub now is at a meeting. He goes once every month. I call it his monthlies.

Smile. He may be seeing red when he gets back. Hopefully not. The meeting is to do with fund raising for Guide Dogs. He is chairing it and and without a thought, I gave him his dinner tonight, with huge portions of garlic bread… Oops. Popular boy, not.

 

I just gave him some great advice.

“Love, just don’t breathe.”

 

Teen has had a day and a half. Oh boy. To top it, I was coming down the stairs, talking to him he was sitting on the stairs facing me, well, he saw me coming right?

Nope. I stood on his hands…. Well, I mean, did he think I would stop and wait for him to move them? I didn’t know he was going to be still there! He was fine and hugged me after we checked he could still play guitar..

 

When my Son was young I used to ski. Not on the slopes, but along the floor. Not lifting my feet in case I stood on him or one of his toys as once under the feet of the fat Fi, there’s no return.

 

Also I learned the hard way. I once stood on Lego. Oh boy, that was not a good moment.

 

We have had serious storms in the UK and there is a love hate relationship going on between storms Gertrude making winds 90 mph and chasing Gertrude is Henry, as he shadows Gertrude. In some parts of the UK homes have been without power as the feisty lady batters on Britain...

 

One thing I have noticed this year, the weather is so different. I’m shocked at how versatile it is. So, we have had the warmest winter on records and today the sun was so hot, it was like a summer day in the south of France. Then after two seconds the winds reminded me who was boss and the severity of it was so intense. The winds sounds are incredibly different to anything I have witnessed before. It’s like a monster. You may have read about the horrific floods we have had in the UK? I have not seen such floods spread out so far across England. And for so long?

 

Well, I was on the phone to a dear friend today and she was telling me her story. After we spoke for some time I said some words that may have come out a little wrong. Hahaha em. Well, they did come out wrong.

 

I said I had to go as I was waiting for a man.

She laughed and said “Oh, well, don’t let me get in the way?”

I had to quickly tell her it was a man to take a photograph.

Well, that got another laugh.

 

You know the furniture I bought some weeks ago? Well one of the drawer handle has a chunk of wood out of it. I filled in the form and Teen did the verification code for me as my screen reader only reads letters/words not images / pictures. Verifications are in picture.

 

Then I got an email telling me I had to take a picture of the fault. Nope, it wasn’t happening. I phoned the shop where I bought it from. Just if anyone wants to know it was Oak furniture world or land whatever you call it I know what I would like to call it?

 

I told him my predicament. After he said he didn’t think he could do anything I said a few words. Well today I had the manager come and kindly take a picture. He was very nice but I did tell him it was the most ridiculous situation. It was a drawer handle not even that it’s like an oblong bit of wood used as a handle. Anyways he left and hopefully all will be resolved. He was very nice. If you are from the UK, be warned. When you get your furniture from this company, its lovely great quality, but, the men will take it to your room of choice, but not take it out of the boxes. Now, we had a six foot box and so much polystyrene to get rid of the box was six feet long by four feet wide if you could have seen Hub and I trying to lift a heavy solid oak robe and drawers from this box in a nine feet room? And then how to get rid of such huge boxes? You know what we are like with our fire starting.  Hub and I have been known to set a fire bin a light and have flames higher than the six feet fence but we dare not have burned this and you can’t burn polystyrene.

 

If you have a fault with your furniture from this shop, you have to go on line, what if you are not tech? And send in a photograph?

 

OK, teen is in my shower room with a tool removing the stuff that makes your shower not leak or attaches the floor to the walls that has come away. He is trying to fix it for me… Heck. I think I am going to have to put my hard hat on and be Forman.

 

Later gators and again thank you for sharing the RP blog. You have helped our fight for sight. Xx

No comments: