translate

Friday 5 February 2016

DIARY OF FIONA CUMMINGS AND CHINESE PROVERBS


Well I guess it’s the day of the night before, or something like that. As I sit here eyes almost closed, I’m still in shock for what happened yesterday, I lay awake till five this morning then started to drift. It must have been almost five this morning before I fell asleep. Then Hubs alarm went off for work. Turned out that he forgot to set it for half an hour later so got up at the time he set it for the day before and that was six in the morning. So I had one hour sleep. As soon as I woke up, I was back to that feeling of a kick in the heart. There is time to run to the house of our Dad and lock my little bro in law in a cupboard. But somehow I think he will protest somewhat as I’m trying to feed the cupboard a big bear of a man.

 

I knew the pain of our brother leaving would hurt like hell, but didn’t think it would be quite as bad. Honestly I couldn’t stop crying but couldn’t show it either as each time I tried to talk I cried and Hub said he couldn’t deal with it so I had to be strong for him. Well, that’s all very well my love, but if I’m not feeling strong, how can I be for you?

 

His voice and his company it stings. It stings so much that he is going. And just as I had a cap on it at midnight, I went into the conservatory and found a cup just where he sat at our table.

 

I’m sure he will think of me as stupid but it feels like I’m grieving. Hub was not in a good place last night. He just was so quiet and kept saying he was devastated. I’m sure at work he will be normal as this is what our school taught us.

 

 We couldn’t cry for our Mum and Dad so we had to suffer in silence. I was silent for forty years. Now? My Bloggets hear me my laughter and pain each day.

 

 I’m going to have a special weekend. I am, I really mean it this weekend and I’m in a better mood with tradesmen as our new joiner came back and he is coming for sure on Monday. One week too late but hey ho! Oh and I put my foot right in it. Yes, me…. Honest, I did.

 

Just as I put the phone down on him last night I said to Hub.

“That joiner has the oddest accent!”

Didn’t stop there, continued to do impressions of how he spoke.

Only to learn

I hadn’t put the phone down properly.

 

So I had to try and rectify it today. Teen said as he stood in the background, he was cringing with every word I said and as I dug deep and my foot got lower, I was struggling how to get myself out of this situation.

 

I said to him.

“Your accent is really unusual, you don’t sound like you come from around here.”

Well, he did have this accent but he said some words really oddly. Like colour. He pronounced it as cola. And a couple of other words too. To which he responded

“Well, I was born here but my parents are Indian.”

Oops.

Em. Get me out of here? Help?

To which I quickly replied.

“Well you sound very posh………..

Few.

 

I think I recovered the situation. Well, how was I to know? Also he didn’t have an Indian accent either. Smile.

 

Any way a very nice guy if he turns up on Monday I will be a happy bunny and guess what? He is going to put my blind up for me too. Yeah, wonder if he will hammer a nail in the wall for my picture from my friend Beth? I’m dying to get that on the wall. It means so much and I can hammer a nail, but A, if I go through a pipe, and B, it will need a wall plug.

 

My Wagga is attacking a gigantic octopus

Oh yes, Fifi Blogget house has its very own wildlife. Not only the mouse from some weeks ago but an octopus 

Okay it’s like a teddy bear all fluffy. A toy, but you know, got you going there, didn’t I? Admit it; you really believed that Fi had herself an octopus…..

 

 It’s really cold out there and windy it was dull damp this morning then sunny now cold and windy.

 

Teen had a later start for work today. He got the results for his MOT last night.

 

The garage has done so much work on his car that he has done him a deal. £250 for about five things wrong with it.

 

So that is getting done next week. Oh and some great news, the evil one has left the country. Yeah brilliant I’m so happy; she sadly for my Canadian Bloggets is in your country. Keep your young lads away from the English she-devil.

 

She will eat them up, then regurgitate them back out and keep the bits for supper.

 

Jog on Fi.

Tomorrow I’m going to the town. More on that tomorrow. I hope my Wagga will be good. She hates town, but last time I took her she was great, didn’t really want to work, but she did though means we can only do one shop with her then have to turn around come home, that is enough  stress for her and me…. Oh I hope the Little Fella doesn’t drop a doggy doodle again? He didn’t at the station for the first time on Tuesday. But let’s see tomorrow?

 

So it’s coming up to Chinese New Year. Let me end this blog by sharing a few Chinese proverbs with you. Until later with love.

“The one who plants the tree is not the one who will enjoy its shade.

“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.

“Falling hurts least those who fly low

“Rich men accumulate money, poor men accumulate years.

One for my brother and father in law. Dead song birds make a sad meal.

And finally, this is appropriate I think.

“Make happy those who are near and those who are far will come.

I really hope so….  

No comments: