translate

Saturday 27 February 2016

DEAR FURY 2


Just a few comments from people after reading my last blog which has had almost 500 views so far in less than 24 hours. Thank you all for your emails messages and comments.

Heidie Carrie-Ann, Jim and others who are not listed below, Your messages are much appreciated and so warm.

Jessie

For every one person that sees you as being negative there are one hundred others, like myself, who find your blogs as inspirational. I am legally blind with RP but still have a small amount of vision left. Everytime I feel down and hopeless your blogs have helped me to pick myself up and be grateful for what I do have. Don't ever stop being you, xx

 

Carrie-Ann

Well said sweet lady xo it's all true. I wish more people could just be honest like you. You don't even know how many people you have helped and inspired. Including myself. And you continue each day with no gain. Your a true angel in disguise. Everyone has their own paths in life and nobody can walk in anyone's shoes. You are so correct. But my dear friend you can sure relate. Thank you xo

 

Fiona (Not me)

So..... I did it.i read to the end! So so true!
Life without sight is difficult and so frustrating.
Great blog

 

Tracy

Another amazing blog.

People surprise the hell out of me, most for the narrow minds and their cruelty to others but occasionally someone comes along that surprises me with love and compassion.
People need to recognise, you don't know anyone or what they deal with day to day, and far to often we are on own dealing with life's demons, troubles and worries, let alone trying to relate to blindness and the pit falls you have to overcome and that's without moving out of the house.

But Fi, you manage to write an amazing blog, that makes us readers, try and walk in their shoes and yours. You give insight to something that should make those narrow minded people, stop for a moment because they are not helping, they hurt with their messages.

My son is still waiting for his diagnosis but we feel alone, no contact and isolated. You give me hope, respect and love - that's what everyone on this crazy unfeeling planet needs and deserves.

You are amazing X

 

 

 

Dorothy

Well said

 

Wise

Fiona...you are not alone. When I rant about why I hate RP, the general feeling I got was get over it and move on, like blindness just a small bump on the road.

Beth

Well said Fi. I've been to school 3 times and scored perfect grades. Wasted time and money as nobody would hire a girl that needed brighter light to work by in order to do her job. Nor did they want an employee who couldn't drive because it made me unreliable in their eyes. Nobody wanted a straight A student holding a cane to greet their customers because it might reflect badly on the company. No, being visually impaired is no great picnic and our unemployment rate is over 80%. I'm blessed to have the support of my husband because truly, without him I don't know how I would even make it to the market. We're a tough bunch of individuals and society sees us in different ways. Either we're inspirational or we're downers. We are human and every human is allowed to grieve. Every human is susceptible to feeling isolated and lonely. The blind top that list because people toss us aside for fear of having to help in some small way that might interfere with their world. In reality, it's just fear, plain and simple. Deep down they view blindness as the worst thing that could happen to them and to be around us brings it home. Rant away Fi. You've earned the right. Love you.

 

Lisa

Great words Fi , I needed a smile Today, many Many Years Ago before I was Diagnosed WithRp I was A Hairstylist Which I loved Because I loved the People I only Got To Live My Dream For a very short Time Today I went to Get my Hair done Which I dread every time not Because it takes long but I sit and think what could Have Been and My Heart hurts Not To mention when I go in There some of Them Think I'm contagious because I'm Blind This Life gets beyond Frustrating Everyday The Upside I Have a Amazing Husband that always Has his Shoulder Ready when I need a good cry and My Rp Friends because they are the only ones that get It Luv you Big Bunches Fiona You The Best!!xxx

 

Jo

I tried commenting on it on the GD page but my phone froze and now I can't find it on there.....have they removed it lol! Some of those people want to try standing in a shop for hours when they only want some milk and that is after risking your life crossing roads or breaking an ankle on the dreadful pavements and even going out with miss matched clothes or tooth paste on your face and passing people who will stare but wouldn't dare speak to you and tell you! Anyway, you didn't say that there weren't people worse off because we know there are but that doesn't mean life is easy, not even the dogs make it easy they just make it slightly easier. Most times I go out I force myself out the house but I wouldn't even do that without the dog I'd just wait for someone to come out with me! As for going to a market!......crazy!!!

 

No comments: