translate

Monday 15 February 2016

DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS? (RP) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The news was read out

I wanted to shout

Who could I tell?

I’m leaving hell

And entering a world where I can get out

Without a care

Don’t need anyone there

I could look in the mirror

Do my hair

Make up too

See from these eyes

No longer as blue

I remember them much younger

Without life stories full of tears

My mind would be clear

Of so many fears

Listen, I can’t hear cheers

Why?

To the darkness I can say goodbye

I will see the face of my loved ones

And know what it’s like to be free

Of chains

Daily pains

Bumping into half open doors

Not seeing what is on the floors

Steps? So what

Visit countries hot

Ski down slopes framed by ferns

Watch the sunset as it burns

Look at the love in my Sons eyes

See facial descriptions, happiness and surprise

A smile from someone across the street

Know who it is I’m about to meet

See what food is on my plate

Go places whenever I want

 I don’t have to wait

I’m buzzing I want to chant

Did you hear the news?

No more blues

But forever laughter

I don’t need a Bafta

No more acting 

To be able to paint that is my dream

To know the difference between black and cream

To watch TV

Means a lot to me

Imagine a life where you only listen

Well no more for me

 I will see

So they now can fix my eyes

No more research or trials

It’s the real deal now

To get that cure, how?

Did you hear the news?

What are your views?

Was I dreaming?

Is that me screaming?

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: