translate

Wednesday 24 February 2016

DIARY OF KNOCKS AND WHAT ON EARTH?


Good afternoon Bloggets. Well, I have had a man to come and plug me in!!!  Sort of speak. I’m told he is a very good electrician so here goes we will soon see. He came in a van that sounded huge. When he knocked at the door, I opened it and I thought he was fastening his shoe laces, but no, he is just a small kind of guy. Hence to say, one job to look at, he had to climb little ladders. It was only my outside light which isn’t as tall as my front door. Well, so he climbs it and back down to talk to me right? Nope. He stayed up there and we were still only eye balling each other. Smile. Oh, one thing I like about myself is that I’m tall. I would hate to be short. Though being short has a lot of advantages, you don’t get leg cramps on journeys I guess? Vertically challenged people do suffer a lot though after reading a report today, I learned that short people are regarded as less attractive and this next information shocked me, in the UK it was said that short people get paid less?  

 

This week academics at Chapman University discovered that short men

 Had one to three less sexual partners than those of average height or taller.

 

They say to stop wallowing over your lack of loftiness, as here are the five good things about being pint-size.

  1.  Short people are in  reduced risk of carrying cancer.
  2. . being short means you are less likely to develop blood clots.
  3. ..  If you are short you live longer because the hormone that controls height also controls aging.
  4. . The study showed that short people have less stress and anxiety.
  5. . Short people suffer less heat strokes as the shorter you are the colder you are. Now whether you believe any of that I’m not sure. It was a study of over five thousand people. I guess some of it makes sense, like the cancer you are not so close to the sun smile, so for skin cancer and stress causes cancer so they say short people don’t get so stressed out well, there you go… I still wouldn’t want to be short having said that, my Son works with a girl she is apparently beautiful and she is 6 feet 1 inch. I wouldn’t want to be that tall.     

 

Back to my little electrician. He said all the work I had for him wouldn’t take more than an hour but he would have to go away and price it up. So now I wait to see if I’m going to be lucky or stung. I mean its little jobs like our outside light and two bulbs in the porch. They are not just normal bulbs, oh no, the guy before us didn’t do normal. Everything we have tried to replace we can’t buy so not sure where he got his things from? The electrician said he has never ever seen one of the bulbs we have.

 

My joiner is coming back next week to tweak. Haha. He is a good guy I’m so please we have him now. And he recommended this electrician too.

 

As I type I have some homemade soup on the stove. Hub is working from home he has been in his office since quarter to eight this morning and came downstairs about half an hour ago for some food but I didn’t speak to him as I was on the phone for the big office. I have done all of my housework for the day apart from finishing off our soup. I’m done. Apron hung up maid’s hat off and as a teacher my apple has been eaten. So now leisure. Well, I say this but somehow it never works out.

 

Our little girl all OK thank goodness and we can resume now. Our front door been busy today, firstly the window cleaner, yes, the window cleaner. Wow gosh and all that? We asked him to clean the roof of our conservatory. His price was very good. So he is coming tomorrow? At the weekend? Next week? Nope. In six weeks. Hahahaha. Well, it’s normally about three months between each window clean so that is an improvement.

 

The other knock was a delivery oh, your Fifi Blogget does live a great life. Such exciting things I receive. Today? A toilet brush. And how awkward. They didn’t bother to put in a box it came in a bag the same shape as the brush and holder. Hahaha. No guessing there for the delivery man?

 

Oh, before I go. The Little Fella. Goodness. On Monday in the office the welfare lady told me that LF had regurgitated up something black and stretchy. I joked and said it was Hubs girdle. To which Hub replied. “No, it’s not, I am wearing that.”

Well, yesterday, he deposited something from the other end. LF, not Hub. Wait for it?

A glove.

So, did Hub leave Peterborough with one hand cold? No, they were not his gloves. His gloves are leather and he didn’t have them with him. Now we are all wondering what on earth has he eaten. Gross or what? I know my ex’s old dogs at his mother’s ate socks all of the time in, one end and  out the other. Hahahah. Knowing his mother bless her, she probably washed them and paired them up.

 

Hub working in Manchester tomorrow. Me? Not sure nothing planned. I will talk to you all at some point. Until then with love. X

No comments: