translate

Friday 15 November 2013

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS MORNING


Good morning Bloggetts. What a morning and its not even 10. a m

I was in a sound sleep. The doorbell rang at the crack of dawn; well it was, in my head. I had a great sleep, the best for ages.

I didn’t know where I was, thank God, Hub is home and ran downstairs to answer the door. I thought it must be a delivery. I was kind of right, but not the delivery I thought. Anyway, then alarm bells rang inside my head, remembering a conversation I had some days ago with my Handy Andy. My electrician.

He is going to put loft insulation in our roof, as we have none, and the draft is appalling.

You stand at the bottom of the stairs and your hair blows.

Well, OK, not quite as bad, but for sure you know its winter.

 So our heating bills are double because of this. I’m hoping that is the reason.

I quickly shouted to Hub as he proudly shouted up the stairs that he has sent the delivery away.

“No get him back. It’s our loft insulation.”

Hub ran back to the door, I checked the time it was twenty past seven.

Thank God, the guy drove back and dropped a load of chipboard off in our drive. Via Crain.

Oh God, our neighbours will be having a field day.

“What on earth are the Fifi family having done now?”

So Crain attached to huge truck, meets the bin waggon. The sounds of broken glass being tipped into the recycling truck and our Crain trying to manoeuvre in our narrow street was rather amusing, if not a little cringe worthy.

So now we have a load of chipboard on our drive, I just hope it doesn’t rain and I hope the gypsies don’t pinch it, as the dotted ones drawers were removed un be known to us, I didn’t mind, as we needed to get rid of it, but it would have been nice to be asked.

I kind of hope our neighbours took it, as they have wood burners in their houses.

But I bet it was the Gypsies.

They have been eyeing up our red seat in the front garden.

It’s firmly pinned down though. Nothing that a tool could remove, but our neighbour across the road would see them, I’m sure.

So then the phone rang just after we got into bed and then I remembered I’m waiting for a new bed for my friend from Moscow coming. I really am cross. I ordered it from a so called reparable shop four weeks ago and I am still waiting.

We have an inflatable bed, but our friend is staying almost two weeks and we feel like that is not good for her back for so long.

The bed I got was in the half price sale. Funny then they had to make it. Apparently, it’s been with the currier since four days ago, and could take another week to get to us.

Where is it coming from?

Probably Russia, hahahaha.

I think she will be with inflatable for the first few days, as the phone call was not from the bed, but small bedside drawers I ordered as there are no drawers to put her things in, in our guest room.

Well, the lady said that the currier had those too, and they would be with us in seven days.

Seven days?

Are they just making it now?

Crazy in the UK now to buy furniture. Gone are the days when you saw something in the shop, you bought it and carried it out.

Now, the shop takes your money, phones someone in London, who contacts their clients in India, who phone China and they call their colleagues whose cousin makes the furniture. Then after the furniture is made, its passed onto a guy who is on holiday from Spain, he takes it to Poland and a Polish currier drives it to London, who lets the guy on a visit from the factory in India know it has arrived so he can tell his colleagues in China all is well so far, they can be paid and then a local person to our part of England from the Cheque republic can deliver it to us.

I’m at exhausted dot com.

Then, the doorbell went again. A parcel a Christmas present for my dot dot dot.

All before eight o clock this morning. Then at ten, our painter came to finish our kitchen units. I must say, he has really done an excellent job. Few few and double few.

My head was on the noose

I waited for a telling off from Hub, telling my idea to involve our painter with the erection of our cupboards considering he has never done anything like that before, was a really stupid idea.

 But I may not be out of the woods yet, as tomorrow, our loft insulation, and the wooden floor up in the loft, is getting fitted by my electrician, who also hasn’t done anything like that before either. Hahahaha

Well I just can’t get the staff.

Oh since starting to write this blog, I have received another call. This time the bed. It will be with me, wait for it?

The first week in December.

What?

I ordered it on the 20th of October. Debenhams. Do not buy from them. Last year they did the same to us.

Well, sad to say, our friend leaves on the first of December. So I said I wold like to cancel the order

They said I can’t do it from them; I have to call the shop. I did, now I am told, it will be ten days before we get our money back. Now is that ten working days or ten days from the first of January, 2020?

What a blooming shame.

So we can’t now buy a bed

What?

I ordered it on the 20th of October. Debenhams. Do not buy from them. Last year they did the same to us.

Well, sad to say, our friend leaves on the first of December. So I said I would like to cancel the order

They said I can’t do it from them; I have to call the shop. I did, now I am told, it will be ten days before we get our money back. Now is that ten working days or ten days from the first of January, 2020?

What a blooming shame.

So we can’t now buy a bed  for my friend, as the money won’t be here until she is half way through her visit. Oh I’m furious.

Now my painter has just come in and told me he has lost a bag of screws. God. Hub thinks his job is stressful.

Laters with fun. X

No comments: