translate

Tuesday 19 November 2013

A VISIT FROM GUIDE DOGS


Good afternoon. OK, guide dog lady is on her way. My dogs can tell I am “Bricking it” I felt as though I was paying a visit to the dentist. Then the phone rings. It’s my dear friend Olga, telling me she did not have my address and the emails I have been sending her, have not been getting to her. Oh God, I don’t know why? So she is coming to me on Thursday and doesn’t know where I live? Help”

I have tried to skype her; I remember the last time she told me I had been calling the wrong number by skype. Oh then the dogs decided to run and dance with their nails tapping on the wooden floor. It was like Ginger Rogers times eight. The doorbell rang; I could not hear my friend on the phone. My LC is barking the lady from Guide dogs is at the door. I have to tell my friend I can’t hear her and try to explain why, ended up putting the phone down on her. Oh I really felt bad. My nerves are shot waiting for this lady who sounds a little on the authoritarian side for me. But she came in, and she sat with her paperwork. Suggested Waggatail may not be the dog for me. My heart sunk and she wrote things down.

She had a deep voice sounded as though she perhaps worked in the army.

You would not mess with her.

Re assured me that I should not link Hubs arm when out, and this is a no no.

So going to the town is off the list.

Christmas shopping coming up? Great.

We had to walk Waggatail to the shop and bus stop.

Oh My God

Wagga did amazing.

How on earth do they know when they are being tested? Please answer that for me?

She was fantastic and the lady was great. I liked her approach. She was firm and kind also understanding.

She showed and spent time with us and that is all I have been asking from Guide dogs. So the long and short of it is, we are to learn routes to the town.

Heck. Scary or what? But at least we will be legal. I told her that I was told that Wagga could not do the town. She said rubbish. I now am waiting for a call from her to say she was wrong and they were right. As I was told she, as in Wagga, was for sure not, to work the town.

Well first week in December, I’m out on new routes, result.

At last. Loads to talk about today I will try my best to keep you up to date, but will be busy with my friend from Russia over the next two weeks, but for sure will be here and let you know of our adventures with our friend then it will be Christmas blogs and all about our Christmas planning. Xx

No comments: