translate

Wednesday 6 November 2013

GIVEN UP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


GIVEN UP

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Unwanted words

Thrown away thoughts

Like caged birds

Everything hurts

You see a cut

So you tare it open

You trap me I can’t breathe

I’m left choking

You have memories I can’t believe

My fire is smoking

 Burning my soul

You throw Speers through the hole

A   gap which has been created

My highs have been deflated

Leaving only lows

I visit places no one goes

You kick me when I’m down

I can’t get lower than the ground

I want to block out your voice

I don’t want to hear that sound

Each venomous volcanic verb

Pushes my face to the earth

If you knew how much you disturb

  As though the pain from given birth

The words your parent has died

I have failed though I have tried

I know I’m not perfect

And we all can reflect

But this colourful world

So bright and bold

Has secrets

Which can never be told

I shall take them with me

When I am old

Forget them

And plant them

Under a tree

And pray that in my next life

They won’t come back to hawnt me

For I have had enough

I have took the smooth with the rough

But the trouble is

The rough is multiplying

And from now on

I have given up trying

No comments: