translate

Tuesday 26 November 2013

GOOD OLD FRIENDS


So this morning, we got up and had a quick breakfast. Just Before our friends from Northumberland came.

LC barked and told us my friend Yvonne’s car had pulled up.

No need for a door bell. It was so lovely to see them. My friend Viv is so adorable. They came with loads of gifts for Christmas. I hope to see them again around Christmas time.

   We went to our local Chinese for lunch. I took Wagga and there she walked wonderfully. Then came back home to have some delicious tarter au citron

Translated, lemon tart.

Oh it was absolutely divine. I’m not joking, wonderful. Yvonne made it herself. With Raspberry’s too. Yummy blooming yummy. She also brought us some homemade soup. What a star. She is my friend’s neighbour who has just won the Neighbour of the year award.

 And no one deserved it more than her. She has had a tragic life and yet not a bad bone in her body. An absolute hero.

I felt really sad to see them leave. I realised how much I missed my old friends.

But, I tell myself, I have my lovely new friends around here.

And still some great days left with my dear Olga. It’s great to have her here with us.

I’m excited about the day we are going to have tomorrow.

With love until then. Xxx

 

 

 

No comments: