translate

Monday 18 November 2013

FALLING DIAMONDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FALLING DIAMONDS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Raindrops fall as the angels call

Tears of sadness, or gladness?

Cool almost like glass

Drop so fast

Forming puddles on the path

Small children splash

This makes me laugh

Mothers shout

They try to get their monsters to school clean

Going a drier route

A rainbow, the most beautiful colours I have ever seen

Sitting in a grey sky

Ripples swim over the stream

As I hide

To keep dry

Under the largest tree

Its leafy branches hug me

This picture before me

 Is like nothing I have ever seen

Multi colours

 Moving with speed

Umbrellas

Chasing a drier place

Statuess ladies

Looking so busy

In their daily life

Primed in their office wear

Starched whites

Daring to blemish

In this weather so hellish

But not to me

As I do see

A painting of colour in a dull day

Am  I the only one not wanting the rain to go away?

Droplets form diamonds from the leaves

A wet cola can, blows in the breaze

Disintegrating right before my eyes

I see soggy thrown away paper

A dropped ice-cream half crushed in the rush

Without it’s flake or wafer

Birds fall from the sky and hunt for worms

They don’t care about germs

Sprays of floods

Watery fireworks on the roads

Wheels race though it’s slippy

But it’s not cold

Not nippy

But calm

Just damp

Looking at a poor tramp

He has nowhere to get dry

This makes me cry

But he still spares a smile

And a wave across the park

I must go home now before it’s too dark

I just wanted to tell you about my day in the rain

I will visit this painting again

Silver diamonds

Falling tears

Follow me for years

And will live as my neighbour forever and a day

I don’t want to see the rain go away

 

No comments: