translate

Tuesday 12 November 2013

A CALL TO GO IN A CAR


Good morning Bloggets. Oh my word, what a day I had yesterday. For a year and a half now, I have had no tall cupboards downstairs. So nowhere for my Vacuumed cleaner, brush or mop. Nowhere for my cleaning bucket or ironing board or anything tall. Two months ago, I asked my joiner who took forever to do me some shelves, but did the best job ever, to give me a quote for making two tall cupboards in my kitchen to match the other kitchen units. My Husband and I waited and waited to hear his quote. After about five phone calls to him, I thought he for some reason, must be avoiding my call. My friend Arty phoned from her phone and I rang from our house number too, a number he doesn’t have.

No answer. The phone just kept ringing and ringing. I thought this was odd, as I have seen him here for five days and his phone is attached to his hip.

He always answers it on the second ring.

So, my vacuum is in the middle of our kitchen floor, my two mops are standing against the radiator and as for the bucket and ironing board? In rooms I wouldn’t choose.

So my painter was to come and paint the kitchen as it has not been done since we moved in here and it’s not the best.

But I wanted to know if my joiner was going to do his work first as if not, the paint would wait, as not too heavy with cash right now, but when my painter came to look at the job, he said

 

He would do the cupboards. OK, scared dot com comes to mind.

So I waited for a quote from him and yesterday mid morning, he phoned me to say he would pick me up and take me to our B&Q, to buy the wood needed.

Oh My God? What? When would he start? Today is the answer.

So bless the man, he picked me up in his rather smoke filled car and as I battled with the fumes of his tobacco, we went all the way to the other side of the town. Now then, we have one close to us, but that didn’t have what we needed in stock.

God we were in the car for ages. I felt really bad that he had to do this.

So, we got through to my mind the worst shop in town, as the staff are so aggressive. Not the lady’s on the tills, they I am sure seam to compensate for their dreadfully rude mail colleagues who work there.

After going to four different desks, passed from pillar to post, we then went to pay for the flat packs.

God help our kitchen, as our painter is not a D.I.Y man, but if I have somewhere to put things I will be satisfied. Now the wood is not the same colour as our units, but to be honest, our kitchen is not great looking. When I think back to our beautiful kitchen we left at the last house, it hurts, as this one is one the man before us put in himself and I’m not joking, in winter, when you open the drawers, it’s like opening a window on a breezy day.

The draft from under the kitchen units is just awful. So it’s a bit of a jigsaw.

So all yesterday, I spent emptying our two, display units. Well, they are six foot tall, by three and a half foot wide, so about 2 meters tall by over a meter wide. And full of china and Chrystal. Oh my God. I was exhausted. Not to mention what was on the walls.

And if you Bloggets remember from last year, I had a china cabinet full of my Nanna’s  and Mums china which all smashed in a cabinet I bought cheap from a shop called Argus and all the shelves in slow motion, started before my ears,  to fall. Oh that was an awful time. My history fell before me but not the bad history, only the loving memories of time gone by.

So now waiting for my painter to come. The poor man has been waiting in the stupid shop for an hour. They said yesterday, they would have everything ready to collect and guess what?  When he turned up this morning, they had nothing ready for him.

My Hub is in his office, going mad with me. He is off to London for a few days this afternoon, and I will have all the work to do when he is away, staying in with the painter all day and then putting everything back, not to talk about what decisions are tu be made as you can’t just leave the men as they always have questions.

So whilst he is in his posh hotel with fine meals, I am here, with no cooker or work tops to prepare food. So I am saying nothing to him, but quite cross inside.  Oh and to top everything, through the night, our house alarm went off. I grabbed my dressing gown to tackle the burglar and ran down stairs. Now something my old self defence teacher  would tell me not to do but I don’t do as I’m told to do, so ran I did. Not sure what I would have done if I confronted a burglar, but the house was screaming with sirens.

I turned the alarm off, turning on lights and walking around downstairs. Shouting on …

 To come and see if he could see anything.

Well, let’s just say I got no reaction.

This morning, all our electric was off. Everyone’s alarms are still going mad.

So I don’t know what has gone on.

OK, best go and start work. Take care cos I care.

No comments: