translate

Wednesday 6 November 2013

MUSLIMS AND MORE


I’m late at getting to you today, sorry. It’s been a busy day. Firstly I had lots of phone calls to do and emails to answer. Then I went out with Beanie. Just to Tesco, but it was fun. I love going out with her as we smile and can talk about serious matters too.

It’s the only time in the week I get to speak to someone live, other than my Son and Hub, well, unless a neighbour pops in. Like last night. It was almost midnight when a neighbour left and it was amazing learning about the street I live in.

People who can see, can just look out of the window or as they drive or walk past a house, they can see what’s going on, we hear but sometimes to hear doesn’t tell you the full picture. Like some weeks ago. There was chanting outside our window. I almost died. Then as I opened the window, realised that I must have been seen and a guy was shouting or singing I’m not sure what, names and words I didn’t understand. We have a family of Muslims next door and we thought the old Dad or Mum had died and it was a funeral, as a car gently purred at the end of the drive. The voice moved from the top of the garden to the bottom.

There were no voices just this guy. Then in English, he congratulated the people, I presumed our neighbours as it came from their place.

Then the car door was closed and very very slowly, the car pulled away. No people were heard next door going back into their house.

We were and are, oblivious to what was going on and our neighbours would just look out and see it, but as yet the two I talk to, didn’t see it as they were not at home on that day.

I tell you I felt uncomfortable though. But the next day, as bold as brass, the two elderly parents were walking to the car and all seven of them went out for the day.

My neighbour is fascinated by the transsexual and keeps asking me if I have spoken to him/her yet. She has seen that person, in full outfit many times now.

We have a Chinese family who are putting two doors on the front of their house, turning one into two.

Another Chinese family live behind the first ones and they have knocked their fence down and share a huge garden now with no barriers.

We have another two Chinese families too. And the latest who have moved in, are a young family from Yugoslavia.

He is a Doctor. She is I think a full time Mum and they have two young children.

So I guess a lot going on. Our relationship with one neighbour may be stretched over the next few months. I shall tell you more on that after Christmas.

Hub just called and I spoke to my two lovely friends from where I used to live by phone today too, so now I must spend time with ….

()

More later, and I promise my painters story. X

No comments: