translate

Tuesday 12 November 2013

MY BESTIE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY BESTIE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I woke each day

To smile at what you had to say

We shared our secrets

And talked of regrets

Your laughter echoed

Our friendship showed

You were my bestie

We loved a good mystery

We were told we were cheeky

But we weren’t really

We had the same opinions

I loved you billions

We ran to school

Acted the fool

But were there for each other

You were like no other

We played hop scotch

With a lump of chalk

But then we had to lose touch

We couldn’t talk

We were parted

I was broken hearted

I hoped we would be forever as one

You left me so alone

In those days we didn’t phone

 There was no internet or emails

I was left with our loving tails

Such fun memories

But many years later

We are like oak trees

Growing tall again to the sun

Talking about when we had so much fun

Now we are older

And so much wiser

No one can take you away

So please this time stay?

No comments: