translate

Wednesday 20 November 2013

MY LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY LOVE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Take my hand

 And let me show you

What life is all about?

And how much I love you

Through valleys so green

A rippling babbling stream

Across the rickety bridge

Keep away from the edge

If you’re afraid

Don’t look down

Over this water

 Then our feet will touch the ground

Look at the scenery all around

The sun is coming down to give you a kiss

If we didn’t come here

 Look what you would miss

Come on stay close

Wait, let me pick this rose

It’s beautiful

Just like you

It smells so sweet

That is true

The sky is so blue

Look at this view

I love it when we meet

We have so much fun

Laughing and loving

Under the sun

Waiting for the starry night

Do you know?

You are a beautiful sight

Come on this way

For I have something to say

Up this hill

Passing the golden daffodils

Look at those bluebells

Wonderful smells

There it is

In the middle of nowhere

A round table

With your very own chair

I have planned this for days

Thank God it didn’t rain

Take this glass

And let’s drink Champaign

Feed you strawberry’s

Covered in chocolate

Let’s stay here till it’s late

Let me tell you how much you mean to me

As I get down on bended knee

Darling love

Will you marry me?

 

No comments: