translate

Tuesday 19 November 2013

DARKNESS INTO LIGHT


I am so proud of my dotted one…. That is all I am saying. My Waggatail I also feel like she has stuck her two claws up and said she is not to be messed with. My Husbands determination with just being able to live in a world of blindness. I really think it is the hardest place to be. If I couldn’t walk, I could get a wheelchair. If I had learning problems, I would be able to get help. If I could not hear, I would be able to lip read and walk, read signs and newspapers and letters which come through the door. Not being able to walk you can get a lift or ramp. I’m not saying that those disabilities are easy, far from it, no disability is easy. All come with their own troubles. To be blind and deaf must be dreadfully draining.

As when you are deaf you lose your balance so if you can’t see too? I can’t imagine.

I am inspired by people like my Husband and my friend who though is blind, has two houses, one in London, she had a job for over twenty years and has brought up two children. Her children have done without nothing in life.

My other dear friend, she and her Husband are blind, and they have a lovely house and two wonderful grown children. Her Son is so intelligent and has a wife and child, he and his wife are the best parents I know. He is blind and his wife sighted.

Then there is my friend who not only has a sense of humour, but is a beautiful caring person. I love her personality. She too has mountains to climb but her fight is just amazing. I lost the fight so many times in life and when my friend gets down, I want to push her so much as she is years younger than me, so I don’t want her to travel down the road of feeling like she has failed and get into a depression. I want her to do it for all of us who think we have left life’s story.

She has had knock after knock, and rejection is chipping away at her insides. I pray she will find the fight to energise her map in life.

What makes some people who are blind fight so hard and others give up so easily?

I look up to those who see more than the darkness and look for the light.

No comments: