translate

Sunday 24 November 2013

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE PART 5


Part 5

 

Good evening Bloggets. Today we wrapped Christmas gifts for our friends coming on Tuesday and Hub and I prepared evening dinner. We wrapped up and took to our streets, heading towards our bus stop again.

LC went and I linked to Olga’s arm.

We went into town and I got the dotted one a stunning winter coat. Thank God at last he has decided to wear a coat. We went into the Super Dry shop. I hate that place, though I love their clothes.

£135 later, we left the shop and headed towards the Cathedral, ears still ringing from the awful loud music from that shop. Even the staff in there have to shout to be heard.

What is the point? It’s like a disco tech.

LC led the way, she was amazing, weaving in and out of the narrow streets across the cobbled court yard and found the steps to the entrance.

Not too sure if the building was any warmer than outside.

It as freezing.  I am allergic to Cathedrals, but Hub loves them.

To my delight, after we were kindly given a rug for LC to lay on off the cold stone floor, we had not only even song, but a concert from wonderful musicians and the music of Bach. It was amazing. Really clever music and so modern. Did you know that 80% of Bach music was lost, used as sandwich paper for his Choir.

The music was almost foot tapping. I would say it was music with a twist, you were listening to a note, then a cheeky note would twist and turn the corner. I really enjoyed it, and not much preaching, so great.

Back into the outside and caught the bus as our friend crossed the road just in time to jump into the warmer carriage of transport.

Home and through the tree lined avenue and into our street. The smell of dinner in the oven, as the house was filled of cooked steak casserole. Hub made me a delightful vegetarian meal of bean feast and baked potatoes.

A cup of tea and some delicious chocolates from our dear Olga and from Russia with love.

   

No comments: