translate

Wednesday 13 November 2013

CHIT CHAT


Good morning Bloggets. Here I sit, with the sounds of my painter and his radio. My bird is singing his heart out as of course he loves sound. I wonder if when painters go to rich people’s houses, or posh peoples I should say, what they, say when the radio is blasting all day. I guess they are not daft enough to stay in. They probably go to their country mansion or the South of France for the week.

Hub still away and will be until tomorrow tea time.

I had some toast before, and know that is the last thing I can eat until tonight. Even then, I don’t quite know where on earth I shall cook, as the mess in the kitchen is awful and everything is covered in speckles of paint. Did I tell you what colour I was painting the kitchen? Haha, guess?

Did you guess? It’s a colour I have spoken about a lot in my house over the past year. My garden bench is this colour, my front porch and it’s in our bathrooms. I also have splashes of it in my living room. Oh, and the guest room is this colour.

Red.

I don’t know why, I’m obsessed with red.

I never have been in my life. When I could see, every room was a different colour. Then when I lost my sight, I went into every room being  cream. I’ve moved on now from touches of cream and lots of red in now four rooms. Our living room is still all cream.

Our bedroom is two shades of apricot.  The office is horrible and grey but I doubt we will ever paint that it’s a total tip. As for the other bed room, we won’t go there.

I think if I say I want to paint another room, my Hub will kill me.

The fact is, the house was in a bit of a patch up way when we moved in and you can’t have a home until you put your mark on it. My marks are getting there. I have on my stairs what I got done last year, a beautiful shade of caramel. The carpet going up the stairs is also caramels and creams.

Well, let’s put it this way, it is in my mind.

Oh and of course, we can’t forget the frog green conservatory. Well, OK that went a bit wrong. I wanted a kind of leafy green but a long story why I didn’t get that. Basically, I had to pick something whilst I was there and didn’t have a choice.

Today, the (painter) will start to assemble our cupboards and this is where scared dot com comes into it.

Gosh, just over a week now before my friend from Russia comes, I’m excited. We have not planned anything for her visit yet; this is so different to what she used to know when I was with the x, as he had a car and sight that meant we travelled all over. Little did she know, that my heart was numb in those days to block out the bad marriage I had, but my x was a fantastic tour guide. She saw the whole of Northumberland and beyond.

The x is visiting my hometown next month, and is staying in a hotel a little close for comfort. He doesn’t know where I live and I fear the last time he saw …

He or she will have told him where we live. I would not be surprised if a certain person did for spite.

x and I get on OK now, we have kind of agreed a truce and this is good, as I don’t want to be enemies with him, and I never did. I just wanted my freedom and for him to be happy too. Sadly, I’m not sure he ever will be settled until he finds someone perfect. Does that person exist?

I sent my x two texts which I received today from someone I’m not going to talk about, to let him see, what I have to put up with.

I don’t expect any support; I’m a single Mother with a capital S.

My painter has left the house, to buy paint and I still have his wonderful choice of music on the radio.

He is a canny guy though.

So today I have some phone calls to make I will do those now and then I am basically stuck on the couch. I just don’t get how one room can affect four rooms.

See, I have loads of washing, I can’t get in the kitchen, I can’t cook, obviously, I have done my ironing totally and Hub washed the shower room, so that  just needs a touch up as he did a good job on Sunday, so a two minute wipe around there and that will be done. I could I guess go and wash the main bathroom. I hate doing that, as it’s so old and has a dreadful atmosphere. I know that may sound weird, that’s me.

It is the one room in the house I really really dislike. Hence I never have a bath. Just a shower.

It’s funny, as Hub dislikes the shower room, as it is the smallest shower room in the world, I’m sure.

It’s like an aeroplane toilet.

I can’t clean our bedroom as we have two huge sets of drawers and because they were really deer, I have a cream, haha. Lace cloth on the top, like a runner, so very long. It goes over the top of the two wide drawers. Well, that needs washing, so I can’t get to the washer or the cleaning things in my kitchen cupboard. I tell you, when he goes, I have my work cut out.

There will be so much to do.

God, this is a boring blog, I do appoligise. I’m going on and on and on and on. Hahahaha.

One day, this lap top will answer back to me and I shall have a pink fit.

My Wagga is being a good girl considering the painter is here, since her day at my neighbours getting pampered the other day, she has been shall I say, a little on the quiet side. Did I tell you how that went? I don’t think I did.

Well, the girl asked if she could bath our dogs for us. Hahahhahaahah. Bless her, she took Waggatail and her and her Mum began to bathe her. They knew I wanted to get the dogs cleaned, and knew how deer it was, so decided to go beyond the good neighbour thing and wash the dog. I elected Wagga first, as she is the smallest and old BB has arthritis and hip dysplasia.

So didn’t want her joints to be bent and they are used to teeny dogs, not Labradors.

As for Long Chops, OMG, she would do one of her spectacular shakes and that would be the house recked.

Well, she came back all clean and so forlorn.

Since then, she has been a good girl. I wonder if in shock. That will teach her to run to the door? As she ran to them when they came, they put her on a leash and the rest is history.

Bless my neighbour, who text me saying she is still finding hairs. I wonder if they will volunteer for anymore dogs.

Hahahahaha.

My painter is back, bless him, he said he will make himself a cup of coffee. He asked as I told him to help himself, if I wanted one. I said I was OK.

I just can’t get in there to make him one. But he is at home here so he’s OK.

I did alright with my Christmas shopping on line yesterday. More later on that.

 Take care of yourselves where ever you are

in the world.

 Yesterday, our Bloggets came from the UK, US, Japan, Canada, Italy, Egypt, Ukraine, India, Vietnam, Australia and another three countries, so it’s great that we are all joining hands through this blog. Laters my friends. Xx

No comments: