translate

Monday 4 November 2013

OUR WET GARDENER


 OK, I did two out of three calls. I am trying to phone a recommended Plumber as our shower has been leaking drip drip dripping for two weeks now and I had to save the money to pay for a Plumber. Now, our old Plumber came and did some work for us some weeks ago, and we have given him thousands and he had the dam cheek, to charge us for tightening the toilet seat for us, so after telling my friend Beanie, she gave me kindly a good Plumbers number. I won’t have that greedy plumber back again if I can help it.

I’m sure it’s a small job, but we are blooming useless.

I phoned this new guy, but no answer. I left a message, and still waiting.

As for my joiner? He was amazing, but, I think he has gone to jail.

He said he would do some door handles for us and fix a door and said he would go away and get a price for me. Three weeks ago.

I have rang him, left messages, text him and thinking he was avoiding me, I even rang from the house phone, a number he doesn’t know. Nothing back from him.

I just hope he is not unwell.

I am still waiting for the gardener to come, but I have been waiting for a couple of months. I don’t mind so much as I have a great lady, who is a real character. Her name is Helena. She is from the Check republic and my neighbour brought her to me.

Now, don’t worry your pretty little heads Bloggets, as she doesn’t fly in from Prague to do my garden, she has lived in the UK for 35 years.

Bless her, she is a hard worker.

I was told she was from Portugal, but not.

I tell you though, she is as close as I will get to my dear Polish people in the respect if I was an employer, and I would only employ Polish people. They work so well and hard.

Anyway this lady is so funny. She started to work in the rain and did two hours of solid work. Oh she was amazing. She told us as well, what she wanted to do and told us what she had done and asked what we would like doing. Rather than just sitting for two hours, pretending she has worked. I saw the three black bags for evidence.

I kept telling her to come in and take shelter from the heavy rain, she wouldn’t. She was like,

“No, I’m not stopping till it’s done. Then we had to tell her to stop, as the rain got heavier. So she will return tomorrow for another hour and that is all I will need for the winter. Oh I have a great feeling about her.

Thank God, Hub and I have at least a worry free. I can’t even imagine what a state the garden was in.

When you consider, we have had two gardeners in the year and a half we have lived here.

If the other one comes, I shall get him to do the heavy stuff. My lovely palm tree has died. He is bowing to the ground and it is no state to leave him in no respect so I hope he can be removed soon?

I hate having to dig trees out. They belong to the land.

OK, this palm had a bit of a nasty side to him, but who knows what his past was? Hahahaha. If we went near him, he would stab us. An aggressive little thing.

Now, for the painter? Hmm. That will be for the next blog, as he really has a story for us all. Well, I have a story for us all on his behalf. Hahahaha. Now must make tea for Hub and the ….

Later gators.

No comments: