translate

Wednesday 7 November 2012

THURSDAYS DIARY


Thursdays diary

Today I am off to the hairdressers with hub who also needs his hair cut. It is silly hour through the night. I had three hours sleep and no doubt will go to bed in about half an hour, shattered. Last night we caught up with a couple of dramas we had recorded, as with Hub working abroad so much, we can not watch the television like normal people, so every two weeks we stuff as many in as we can. As security Cid, the Teen went to bed at the end of the night, he blew out my candle. I didn’t really want it blown out, but he thinks because we can’t see, we will forget and there will be a fire? This is how much caring children with blind parents have to think about? As if we could not smell the spiced apple candle, but never mind, we did have a laugh, as he shouted, as he blew it out, the wax jumped up and bit him on the nose. After I had laughed, I showed concern that my mantelpiece was okay? Teen was not impressed I asked about the mantle peace before his Rudolf the red nosed reindeer looks! Then I thought how funny it was that he would go to school with a red nose? He is so vain? So he spent ten minutes looking in the mirror and then went to bed. My Hub was not long after him, I went about an hour after that and up again now.

Early morning up, ready and off the the hairdressers. I just hope we can find it without any drama? I am sure a story will come out of it at some point?

Two nights ago, all three of us went to our local Chinese restaurant. Remember the one we used to go to and it closed for refurbishment? Well that was funny, as the lady who ran it/owned it, lives in our street and spoke to us two weeks before the place was suddenly gutted? Now new owners and so very posh inside with a much better menu, though our little friend was missed. But the food was really nice and as we walked in, we had the usual rubbish, “No dogs? Hub had Long chops and I had teens arm. All three of us said the obvious, which you have to say, “It’s a guide dog!” To which the owner replied, “Oh, guide dog, okay, no trouble, come in please?” I mean, it’s getting ridiculous? The dog has a harness on that is obviously a guide dogs harness and they still go through the same procedure of saying no dogs, then after getting told it’s a guide dog, excepting you. Mind, it’s now a Korean restaurant, and don’t they eat dogs there? We kept a close eye on our Long chops though, she was tucked firmly under the table and we checked when we came out, she still had four legs and a tail.

The staff were lovely and very polite, as well as friendly. Most importantly, the place was clean and homely. Our teen without being prompted, explained the decor. The colours and style of the place, leaving nothing out even the mirror on the wall. It was nice to know our surroundance.

We walked back with the fireworks in the background shooting in the air. The smells of the smoke and the chill of the night, made our arrival most welcoming, as we walked in our warm cosy house and shut out the frost behind us.

My little Black beauty was pleased to see us and ran to her cupboard looking up at the handle, as  though to say, “I’ve been a good girl, haven’t chewed your house up, now hand out the chew sticks please?

As the Nativity play at our lovely church is in the not so far distance, the children are getting picked for their parts. Hub is playing the music on that day. There are five songs in total. We just need our teen on guitar, and it will be a family affair?

Oh, there are loads of letters in the basket in the hallway, so hopefully, our teen will oblige and read them for us later on? I dread if one of them is from my X?

Well the cars are already starting their journey to work so I guess I better have some sleep before time to get up?

Hub off to Thailand tomorrow afternoon, so another goodbye and more time for me to reflect life, heavy blogs to come Bloggets?

Oh just thought of a nice blog I would like to tell you about. A happy memory I have. It’s lovely and I hope you will come with me whilst I tell it? Laters my friends? Xxx

 

 

No comments: