translate

Sunday 25 November 2012

HAY, TURKEY!


Oh I am sitting here, Goodness knows how this blog will turn out, as I had the cardinal sin last night. Red wine. I never drink red wine, in fact, I normally don’t drink at all, but my lovely friend Julie came yesterday from my old home town and she brought some red wine, well, it would be rude? Haha. I really liked it actually? But I am suffering today. Julie and I had a walk around to our local church fare. I introduced her to my funny Welsh friend, who as ever and always was great and on form with his genuine friendliness. His wife Who is also Julie and his pretty daughter. There were other friends there too, Kevin and his sweet little girl and my dear coffee cup friend who is great and she introduced me to her Bo. No wonder she is so much in love with him, he is a honey pot. I am so happy for her, as she is such a nice person. I bought some lovely cakes from the cake stall, some homemade honey, sweets and did some raffles as well as guess the weight of the cake. Julie and I had a laugh all afternoon,  talking about life, catching up with our girly chats,  I am so glad  we have stayed as close as we were, after our move, as  we are miles apart now, but in our hearts as close and the nice thing is, Hub and Teen both think the world of her, this is nice when a friend is cared for by all the family.

We walked in the pouring rain, to the fantastic Chinese restaurant. It was great, with a capital G!

What a welcome we received by the owner. He is the most adorable person. He was telling us he did all the refurbishment on his own. And it is so lovely inside. The  quality of the place is so good.

The food, is the best, but the service, is amazing. You are made to feel, like you are the only one there, an yet it was very busy.

They really do treat you like royalty and it is not that deer either.

We were there a couple of hours at least sitting enjoying the food, chat and atmosphere! Then the walk home again in the rain started. We laughed and joked walking back and it was a lovely ending to a lovely day.

Today, we went into the town and hit the Christmas shops. We went into the soap shop, with its lovely classical music and it’s amazing fragrances. Oh, I could have spent all day there.  I bought loads, almost £40 I spent on soaps.

I am a clean girl! Well my friends will be at Christmas?

They had some fantastic soaps, little cupcakes and slices of cakes with candles in and Christmas soaps with father Christmas and Rudolf on as well as soaps with snowmen on and beautiful embossed flowers. But the smell is so good?

I bought a box of sugar mice, that look like white chocolate, but they are soaps for a friend, you could get glasses with what looks like trifles in, or fruit.

We went into the chocolatier, too, OMG, I embarrassed my Hub, so he had to walk out, well, I did not think I did anything wrong, so we were looking at what  was there and  Julie told me there was a chocolate Santa and snowman. I just said, now stick up for me  here? “Oh no I can get those at Asda/Wal-Mart?” Well I wasn’t to know that the shop keeper was looking at me and was not impressed? My Hub, just turned on his heels and walked out muttering, “Oh, my God?!” He waited outside for us with a red face. I bought some nice things chocolate dogs and elephants and a bell as well as chocolate drinks and robins.

Over a hot Chocolate somewhere else, my friend said it was funny to see Hub storm out,  As I asked him what the trouble was, he replied

“Well it was like going into a class handbag shop, with their stunning leather bags and saying, “Oo? I can get these much cheaper at Asda? He said, they were class, not your average  chocolate figures? “Well, not my fault I was with snobs? Hahaha.

We then went into M&S. Oh, there was loads in there, I again spent a fortune and got all my gifts, I bought a friend, some lovely red leather gloves. I always think, red is such a lovely gift at Christmas? I bought tins of chocolate robins and ginger bread men, Christmas  puddings and so on, all in the same tin. I  bought fudge and a beautiful diary, as well as a calendar and more.

We went to my pasty shop and bought some lovely food for tea, sad goodbyes to Julie, she caught her train and we our bus. We had a lovely weekend, with a beautiful friend.  Makes a nice change and makes us really appreciate our times out.

Teen out  in town now, meeting with a so called posh girl, from a private school…..God help us?

Nice to see that Turkey, is the latest family members. Over the weekend, they have joined us.

Have a lovely time for the rest of the day and I will talk tomorrow, hopefully with a better head.

x

No comments: