translate

Monday 5 November 2012

HUB HOME TONIGHT


Hub home tonight                          

I had a lovely night yesterday at church. I went with my teen. It was freezing cold, icy cold, on the way there. The air was full of bon fires and fireworks, as it is that time of year here in the Uk! I love the smell of it all.

The church was warm and welcoming as ever and my lovely Welsh friend came over to chat as did his beautiful Daughter. Teen was entertained by that one, though neither of them would say a word to each other, though they are the same age and if you read a much earlier blog, you will know, I had them going to the same school? “They don’t by the way, that was one of my blonde moments!” The guitarist I think broke his strings, well, two of them on the first song, but he was still good, as was, the lovely dedicated lady on the piano. She is the wife of my funny Welsh friend. She is there every week bless her apart from one, when Hub filled in for her well deserved break. I think Hub will be doing the music for the Nativity play too? So bless her, she can relax. She even did the service?

There was a man stood behind me, who sang for the church and he was great? Wow what a voice? A little wobbly, but so deep and my ears could not hear anyone else sing for him, as he was mesmerizingly magical. A real unique voice. Lots of cheerful songs, about eight?

Then time for tea and talk. I spoke with a really lovely girl from my home town of Newcastle. It is so good to hear the Geordie accent again. My teen was so impressed with her and told something he just can’t stop talking about, and begs me to apologise to her about; I said I wouldn’t as want to let him sweat? We have a so called singer in the UK called Cheryl Cole. She is very pretty, but hasn’t got much upstairs, if you know what I mean? And whenever she talks, I cringe, as she represents where I am from. So teen says in a nice big confident voice,

“I love your voice; you sound like a less dopy Cheryl Cole?

Oh, God! I said “You can’t say that? The poor girl chuckled as Teen realised what he said and began digging the hole a little deeper, saying

“Oh, I don’t mean you are dopy, “ (THICK)”I mean, you have a voice like Cheryl Cole, but she sounds  not so very intelligent, you sound better, I  mean you don’t sound as thick, I mean not thick…….

And this went on and on, oh God? But the girl took it well and Teen did not get a slap, but he feels so bad about it, it’s funny?

She is a great lass though and so much fun. One I would love to befriend properly. She’s got background and warmth.

It was a great night; the poor man in charge had a really sore throat though and could hardly talk. I think there are a lot of colds going around now.

Hub home later on tonight. He has been travelling since two this morning and will walk through the door, at half eight tonight. I know he does not like full dinners, when he returns from long trips, so might order a pizza or two? Yep, will do that, but get them delivered, not looking like a tea pot again?

”Earlier blog!”

Well waiting for parcels to come from Amazon for Christmas gifts.

I have a bit of a problem. I ordered two C.D’s. One for teen, one for Hub. Now, how will I know the difference? “Em!”

I can’t ask teen to tell? Oh, I will just get out the ironing board and play them and have a bit jig. Haha, any excuse to play new C.D’s?

Thank God no news from the X as yet with his nasty threats? Fingers and eyes crossed. Much love. X

No comments: