translate

Wednesday 21 November 2012

MY LITTLE MAN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY LITTLE MAN

By Fiona Cummings

 

He puts on his little wellington boots

With the  cheekiest smile, as though with humour he is in cahoots

His little mischievous face full of anticipation

He knows exactly what he is going to do

I zip up his little rain coat of yellow and blue

As we step out into the world of trials and tribulations

We head towards the old train station

All excited about his form of transport

He sees a puddle, to him this is a sport

Leaves go of my hand

 And jumps in it, as he can

What a naughty little man

 But so cute and full of loving hugs

What is it about little boys, that they like water and picking up bugs

So in the puddle he splashes

I can’t shout at him, as he shows his big eyes with curly lashes

We run to the train as his little body shakes with excitement

A simple thing to me, to him  is a lifetime event

The doors swoosh open and we climb aboard

Quickly find our seat as time we can not afford

Once the train pulls away,  if we are not safe in our seat

Who knows where my little monkey will end up, for sure not on his feet?

His tiny hands I cup in mine

To keep him warm  and dry

How I love my little boy

He makes me smile each day

He will grow up but memories will never go away

 

No comments: