translate

Monday 5 November 2012

POUR YOURSELF A DRINK, PUT YOUR FEET UP AND COME WITH ME?


PARADISE

Happy Tuesday Bloggets. Hub came home safely after seventeen hours travel in total. So one taxi, one aeroplane, the London tube, a train and another taxi, then through the door.

One tired Hub!

Whilst my Husband is working hard, I thought I would have a chat with you all!

I would like to talk to you about a beautiful experience I had when I was 14 and had a break in the former U.S.S.R.

I had five weeks of dreadful eye treatment in Moscow. Four injections every day but the Sundays. The Saturdays were extra to the other many foreign patients; my eyes were so bad, that they wanted to give me huge doses of whatever they put into my eyes.

Most people that went to Russia for the eye treatment could see very well. Sadly my eye condition was well developed at birth. My eye condition, can affect you from birth, when you are a child or adult. You just never know but I hope to God, my Teen will be ok, as he so far can see well, but the first ten years of his life, was so bad. Torture actually? I really suffered on whether or not to have a baby, as I did not want to pass on my hereditary condition.

A friend said to me one day,  

   Medicine is progressing so fast, imagine if you don’t have a child, and there will be a cure by the time the child  is five? She was right in one way; thank God I had my Teen, but no cures as yet.

My Son is struggling with the fact that he can have a child who may be blind? He asks a lot of questions about it and I am left feeling really guilty, but oh, God, without him? Would be too painful, him being blind though, excruciating.

The treatment in Russia was so painful.

   for three years, I had been having eye injections as well as the ones in my but. They were dreadful and the visit I am going to tell you about, I had to have face injections. Right into my cheek bone.

The conditions in the hospital were appalling but not as bad as when I was little. Leaches still were crushed in a jar under the sink in the room where we had our needles. Why were they there? Because they were used, to take blood!

Thank God, when they tried with me, a nurse intervened and I got the injection instead.

  

Tomorrow, I will tell you about the treatment and conditions of the hospital, but warning, it may shock you?

 Today, is a lovely blog where you can have your favourite drink, hot or cold, and put your feet up and go with me to my past and join in with a lovely time in my life?

I could hardly bare to touch my eyes they were so painful and still had the awful sick feeling that the needles left me with. The Russian minors Union, who were the most amazing Union / people for helping my Mum and I to get to Russia, wanted to treat me to a break, knowing that I had such a traumatic five weeks.

To be honest, I had a boyfriend in Moscow. My first man friend, another story. I wanted so badly to have my last week in Moscow, and knowing what I know now,  I think there was an ulterior  

Motive in their thoughts.

I was to go to Tashkent, Samakan and Sochi. Three places in seven days. First destination, a three hour flight to Sochi.  

OMG, we were treat in a way I will never forget, a little over the top

 Perhaps?

We had a Government car come for us on the tarmac, right next to the steps of the plane. Far from the first time we were met with two soldiers pointing guns at us in Moscow? A young man introduced himself to  us in perfect English.  He was really handsome and flirted with me from second one, but I had eyes for my new boyfriend back in Moscow. The young man was called Slava and he was a Dr? God, I had never seen a Dr looking like that before, the Drs I knew, were like crumpled up paper bags?

We drove through the narrow lanes of Sochi. We had to slow down in the chauffeur driven car, as the huge plate like blooms of magnolia, kissed our form of luxury transport  as we passed.

What a sweet place, so far from the enormity of Moscow.

 People on the narrow lanes had to step to one side to allow us through, as we passed they removed their  sun hats to show signs of respect?

This was crazy. Who was I? We pulled up at a small guest house looking building. We were met at the front door by so called, “Our staff!” “What?”  This was getting too pretentious for my comfort zone. We were soon to learn, that the whole house, was for us three only, my Mum and myself as well as our funny friend/interpreter, Irene.

We had a chef, a maid and our Dr Slava, as well as a chauffeur.

The rooms we had to sleep and live in was amazing, with luxurious chocolates and local candies. Fresh fruits and bottles of alcohol and  juices. Nuts were in the finest Chrystal dishes, oh, it was so lovely. We had two balconies which looked over the most picturesque court yard. With its fountains and benches to sit on and beautiful flowers, almost tropical looking,went together, with the smells of the black sea close by.

The Doctor, took me on his speed boat and to feel the freedom of the waves was  for me incredulous. It was a dream, a life for others.

 I had so many laughs with our Irene, she was a beautiful blonde bubbly girl, who kept me entertained with her stories of her two lovers and her Husband, oh, and her twenty five abortions, I must say, I kind of struggled with that one, but you could not help but love Irene, as she told you about her lifestyle. She was so picture pretty, her baby blonde curls framed her  pleasant face. Her perfect manicured nails were painted rose red and she was never without make up, though only a  small amount as she was a natural beauty. But what made me laugh, was the fact that she had  no shame, in wearing a peace of white paper,  over her nose, kept on by  her sun glasses. OMG, she looked so funny? I cringed as a teen would walk with her looking like that.

 The heat was fire like and did not agree with my pure white skin. I did the honours of burning for Britain.

One day, in my book, if I ever get the plesures in writing, I will tell you so much more about the holiday, as so much went on, like one day, we were taken to a garden of friendship. Famous people from all over the world, planted or grafted a tree there and the public could walk around and read the names on the trees.  As I was looking at the trees in wonder of all the names that had been there, I was taken by the staff of the friendship centre to one tree in particular.  This tree had the names on Tony Ben and Yuri Gagarin . Uri was the first man to go to space, and there was no Hollywood about that.

The next thing I knew, was a spade was being brought. I stepped back, and waited with bated breath, to see who was coming for this plantation? Oh God, it was me?

So now still to this day, my name is there hahahaha. I was given a certificate to say any time I wanted to come and pick my oranges from my tree I could.

What a beautiful moment? Though as everyone in the park, seemed like everyone in Sochi, came to clap as I dug, I again as a teen, recoiled.

Oh I had a wonderful time in Tashkent too. I will tell you about that in another blog, but in the meanwhile, I hope you have enjoyed the journey today into my pleasurable past?

With love

No comments: