translate

Wednesday 28 November 2012

CHANGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


CHANGE

By Fiona Cummings

 

How many times can I die

When will my eyes ever run dry

I lye looking at the ceiling

Wishing I could tear out this awful feeling

Forget my painful past

How long will this ache last

So many people ask me why

How can I tell them I want to run free

If only I could fly

But my wings are damaged

I can only look at the sky

I got my dream of a golden carriage

Then bitter swords stabbed the cart wheels

I hope no one ever learns  how this feels

A never ending ring of fire

That chases me with desire

No more I can inspire

There is no life left to admire

A field of daffodils

Green hills

Gone are the thrills

Of a blissful time

A bare wall

Where ivey wishes to clime

A stem of thorns

Where there once was roses

A steamy window

I look out as if in hypnosis

In the mirror I look to see cuts and burns

Another story I do learn

Happiness I do yearn

But this can’t be

Even though this is what I  need

My broken heart will bleed

I have to admit defeat

 And be an expert on the word deceit

I hoped my life was complete

Perhaps  another time another place

From rags to the finest lace

From copper to gold

I would be bought, not sold

My life would be something told

To make people feel like they belong

To make the tone deaf sing a song

To want to carry on

No comments: