translate

Sunday 4 November 2012

THE THOUGHT OF GETTING TO THE WRONG DOOR


Well I got to bed at about three this morning; I could not for the life of me sleep again. Oh you know when you are trying to sleep and you just can’t? You get so stressed as you know you should be a sleep, but you physically can’t relax? My heartbeat was increasing, my stomach was in knots and I mentally was getting so churned up! I tossed and turned and knew I must sleep before church?

 I was determined I was going too. This feeling of wanting to go somewhere on my own, is so new to me, I have to pinch myself, to see if it is a dream?

I was just drifting off, when I received a text from my Hub. So there is my phone with its wind chimes as its text alert, going on my windowsill. I read it knew he was ok and then could relax. It was about half six. I had two and a half hours sleep then was awakened by my trusted alarm, playing a jolly wake up tune.

I must admit, I did contemplate on saying no to getting up as was in a deep sleep, but only for about fifteen seconds.

I got up, had a shower and got ready. Straightened my wavy hair and put on some make up, sprayed my perfume, made the bed, opened the blinds and let the dogs out.

Said bye to the teen and he asked for a hug as he always did and groaned

“See ya in the morning. I told him it was the blooming morning; he pulled the duvet over his head and asked if I would close the door behind me?

Off we went my dog and I to church and was warmly welcomed by the lovely people there.

My funny Welsh friend was there and his beautiful daughter, my coffee cup friend was there and came and hugged me she is so lovely and I sat next to a warm sweet lady and her Husband. They are all so good at the church, they are really really kind people and thoughtful. Never ignore me and they could, as I would not know they were there? They never leave me out and always ask if I wish to take communion and let me know what is  going on at the front, as specially our friend from the BBC, as when the congregation laugh at something a child has done for example, we just sit there oblivious, hahahahahaha. I don’t really mind at all it’s something I have become accustom to, but the thought of everyone is so unique. I am so glad I have found a lovely place to thank our maker for what I have. Today I said a prayer for a friend of mine who is going through a split with his family and I wished for his pain he will feel to be lessened and for the safe arrival of Hub tomorrow night, also thanked our maker for my Sons safe arrival from his party and a beautiful friend I have made this week. All in a week.

The trust we put in our guide dogs is amazing. Funny you know, I received an email from Guide dogs yesterday, all about a meet and greet they are having in our town.

I thought, Hmm, I might go? I read down and it said that we all would be most welcome to meet with volunteers and fund raisers for guide dogs and let them know how grateful we are for their help? Then it went on to read

“But we would like to keep the numbers of dogs down, so if you can come without your guide dog, that would be most helpful?” “What? Sorry, but why have a dog if you don’t need it to get to the town? Ok, some people have sighted partners, but not everyone and the ones who do, why would they want to go to such an event and why should they?

 Is the whole point of it not to say, look at the dogs you help? Look how we can get about with the lovely animals? Thank you for helping us both?

Obviously I am missing something here? Really the quicker the RNIB take over Guide dogs, the better.

Well I’m off to church tonight again with the teen this time. The cake and the pretty girl with my Welsh friend may help to get him there. He said when he was a tiny boy, about three; remember my teen was never a normal child? He spoke in full converse from before he could walk almost. “If there was such a thing as God, why are you blind?”

I had no answer, as for one, I was in shock that he could aske such a grown up question, and two, I’m not sure of the answer.

But tonight’s church, is sing sing sing. Would help if I knew the words, but hey ho! I am stuffed, I don’t read  Braille and I can obviously not see print. But the atmosphere is lovely and there is a really nice lady who tells me of her delicious offerings she has made so there is her food to enjoy afterwards, mostly for me there is another chance to be with good nice people, who are warm and have done more for me than they will ever know!

No comments: