translate

Saturday 17 November 2012

I DID IT!


Good day to you all, I hope this Saturday finds you well? It was raining hard this morning, but the sun came out to say hello and I took it upon myself, to get myself out of bed and psych myself up to pay a visit to our shop. Nothing exciting, just milk and potatoes. I knew if I did not do it right away, I would not find the courage to do it later on! Unlike one of my super blind friends, who will shop all day at different shops without a worry? I will never be one of those amazing people, but I am getting better. From the days gone by!

All the time I am walking with my Black beauty, I am waiting to fall, I never do, well, maybe once every three years, I am waiting to find some road works that interrupts our route, or find a child’s bike across the path, or waiting for a tiny yappy dog to scream at my Black beauty, causing her to go into shock, causing her to bark back and echoes’ of dog fill the silent streets. The shame and embarrassment of my guide dog mouthing off is just painful, when they are supposed to act so well? The big dangerous dogs too, are awful, you never know what dog you are to be faced with and my BB, will shout at anything, no matter what size, my Long chops, is not at all like that, as other dogs, can not make a fuss or stroke her, and that is all she likes, she is always looking for a kind person to love her.

So put on my blue jeans, haha, and walking shoes, made sure I had my right bank card and kissed the teen bye bye. He of course still in bed. My heart was calm and I felt good, couldn’t believe I was going out on my own, pathetic I know, but not at all comfortable in the blind world. With my Hub, I can do anything, but on my own, not well!

Well the sun was lovely the roads were quite quiet, so that was good for me hearing where I was. My footsteps make different sounds depending what road or path I am on and we get used to our eyes beneath our feet.

I avoided those dreadful witches’ fingers, at the end of the street, a horrid tree that waits for Hubby and me to pass, before her evil grip gets a hold of us.

I passed the electric box that lets me know I am fifteen steps from the bus stop, brushed by the hedge that says there is a step coming up and across the first road safely, Black beauty finds the part of the path that has no step and up the ramp we go, passing the first tactile crossing on the right, struggling to get BB by without wanting to cross, as that is where she does her free runs. Then the air goes quiet, so I know there is a bus stop another road and then the right up the cycle track, which is a little daunting, as you walk for ages, there hardly is ever anyone who passes, you could easily go missing up there when the school is out, all the little monkeys are close by but nights and weekends, it is so quiet.

My BB turns right, then at the end of the building, right again, avoiding the stupid fire escape steps, that lead you to  offices and if you’re not careful, you will crack your head on them.  Then the automatic doors open on the right, thank God so I don’t need to feel dirty windows trying to find a blooming door. Walk in, go to the right again and wait no more than a minute before the lovely staff come to my rescue. Good job I know my right? Hahaha.

Well out of the shop I came smiling as the shop assistance in there make me smile as they always say something funny, today’s was, the one we get a lot, when I put my card in they asked me to put my number in and then press the green button! Okay, Green? I know though it is the one bottom right, again right, hahaha. So I am like a horse cart at this point missing my Husbands ruck sack carrying out the heavy potatoes and huge bottles of milk. Dog in one hand, well, not the dog, but the harness.  Thanked the helpful sweet man and Black beauty found the door off home we went? Through the bars, which stops cars getting down the track, weaving in and out of them BB avoiding every puddle, and there were a few, and back home. It was not a windy day today, so I did not hear my wind chimes to let me know where my door was, but my clever little girl knows now where it is so we were okay, but one day, someone will be eating something in their front garden, and my hungry Labrador will venture off to meet with the sandwich or what ever is on offer.

My teen is now playing football, so in the house alone again, but I did the shop today, made me feel not quite so useless.

Checked the latest from Alaska, friends Husband still missing. It has been a week now. Planes and grounds people are still searching. I really really wish he would be found safely? I have an odd feeling that I am actually more worried than his wife, as she has huge faith in God, is very religious and believes that God is taking care of him and will get him safe home to her?  That must be wonderful to have such a strong faith? I have learned though to talk to my angels and ask for help and have found that it really does work, but you have to believe and feel comfortable, that they will help, if there is any doubt, that they are not listening, or you feel they won’t help, because they know you do not trust them, then you won’t get their help.

To those who have never experienced the feeling of angelic presence, it is so warm and wonderful. I am not a preacher, God help you if I was and I would take you to another world, literally, a world of FiFi! Not sure you want to go there? I was talking to my BF on the phone some weeks ago and saying how I think we came to this earth. Hahahahaha. Well, BF for sure had food for thought?

Ok, I don’t know what has gone wrong this week, but after a filling dropping out, now I have more trouble. Let’s just say, I hope my funny Welsh friend, won’t make me laugh tomorrow in church?  As I now have cracked the front of my teeth. I look like I have escaped from the local home for the mentally challenged. I’m sure that is not a correct way of saying that, but that is the best I can do! I am a very smiley person and if you could see me now? You could drive a train through my teeth I don’t know how I will carry on for two weeks looking like the village idiot. My lovely friend is coming next weekend and we are hitting the town, and I look like this? She is a fashion guru too, and is all about her lovely image, will she want to be seen with me like this? I won’t tell her till she is here? Hahahahahahha. I will lock the front door and give her a big welcome smile.

Well I was so low yesterday, when I found out my Husband was not home on Monday, but Tuesday. Gutted. Another night more than I thought, How lucky my  BF is, as he has a lovely wife, he loves her to bits and he is with her every day and has been for thirty years. He talks about her with such love and how I know she feels the same about him? I just wish I had that with my Hub?  I guess a little of perfection, is better than nothing, and that is what I had with the X! “Nothing, not perfection?”

Oh God, the Canary, “Irish!” hahahahaha. Is blooming in full voice.

I would love my next blog to be about a wonderful weekend I spent in the outskirts of Russia? I know my borrowed American Mum will go mad, but I like to tell you nice things in my life, if I was to tell you about every day now, you would yawn, followed by a long deep sleep, so until Hub is back, it’s  Russia again, and it is Russia, most of you have been asking for. It is a nice story and no needles or horrid treatment will be in it my friends. Until then. Love and hugs. X

No comments: