translate

Monday 19 November 2012

I, WISH


I sit here on the bench, next to the lake, the trees whisper to me and blades of grass, kiss in the breaze! The view of the lake is beautiful; I skim a stone from beneath my shoe across the water. Ripples form a wavy line creating wrinkles on the old man’s face that is the vast lake in front of my seat.

Droplets of water make a dish like shape under, and at the side, of the duck, which has just landed! With its head peering down into the depth of the pocket of rain, hungry for a taste of the creature furiously trying to escape the bite of the beak of the duck.

Way in the distance, a rowing boat, struggles with its over excited crew, fighting with the awes to try and keep the wood out of the bracken.  

The orange sky is coming closer to the glistening of the moving picture before me. Smiling down, shamelessly at the shadows he is shaping, with the reflections of the leafy foliage, which is casting a darker image of long pointing patterns, protruding painlessly on the edge of the water. As I benefit from their shelter from the tip of the sun at the end of the day. I pick up my flask and basket of what was once delicious treats, I say goodbye to the vision I have enjoyed. In my minds eye?

No comments: