translate

Sunday 18 November 2012

THE BIRTHDAY RESCUE


THE BIRTHDAY RESCUE?

Today I did get to church, though my dog did not find the exact gap to cross the road, so I stood on the grass that was muddy and slippy, wondering what I would face at the other side? I am supposed to cross at a particular part where the grass has a gap. But not today, we were on the grass. Anyway, she got there, bless her, we had a warm welcome and I sat in between two lovely ladies who go every week to the church. One of them I am going out with at Christmas with Hub and maybe our two teens, as she has a daughter, she is the pretty one I refer to. Pretty according to my teen, in case you are wondering how I know she is bonnie?

They are the family of my funny Welsh friend, who by the way, either was not there today, or was too afraid to make me smile, so did not come near, hahahahah, as he is just naturally funny. His sweet wife, is such a kind lady as she told me if ever we need anything just to call her? I thought that was really kind, as it is so hard when you are new in an airier? If someone had told me last year, we would be living here this Christmas; I would not have believed them.

A new airier, we knew no one and no routes. Now we know a few routes, I have met some really lovely people and I do things I never thought would be possible? Tomorrow, I have a huge challenge. Hub wants me to go to the Chemist for him. OMG? I hope I can find the strength to do it? Will I find it? Hahahaha. God knows, it’s different with Hub, as we can look stupid together. I don’t mind feeling windows and doors when I’m with someone but on my own? Too much street cred? Hahahaha. Well, let me believe I have some?

Yesterday I spent ages doing work for Hub, trying to locate his missing kindle from the States, so I hope to get an answer tomorrow, and I have only two more sleeps till he is back.

Hub has asked me if I want to go on holiday? Hehehehehe, yes, please? But what we will do with our doggy’s, is a huge question? I love them like my baby’s so would need to know they were going to loving people who would not loss them.  This is the trouble with guide dogs, most people are not like me though, they let them go anywhere, but I like them to stay together and people I know. There is not a queue for people wanting two large dogs, well, one and a half, hahahaha.

I had a few people asking me to write part two of my love story, but I got wrong from Hub, knew I would so that one will have to be for when I am a free author.

Oh I am so looking forward to seeing my friend next weekend? Oh great. Will kick me off for Christmas.

No good news from Alaska sadly even after I said so many prayers and even had his name put in a prayer basket in church today.

On Fox news, my friends Son in law has been featured, as well as in the press. This is one of the stories to be published.

Alaska Dispatch | Nov 18, 201

Alaska state troopers are searching for a Wisconsin man reported missing in the wilderness of Alaska's Far North. According to Alaska State Troopers, Thomas Seibold, of Three Lakes, Wisc., was reported as "overdue" on Nov. 11 by friends after he failed to arrive in the village of Kobuk, about 120 air miles northeast of Kotzebue, as previously arranged.

Seibold, 31, and his friends travelled to the Far North in September to hike and explore the area near the Northwest Alaska villages of Ambler and Kobuk. Troopers say that toward the end of the trip, Seibold informed his companions that he'd be staying alone in a remote cabin to "spend time with nature," in the words of authorities.

He told them he planned to return to civilization at the end of October, when he would hike out to meet a plane in Kobuk. However, he missed his return flight home.

Although Seibold is an outdoors instructor with extensive experience in wilderness survival, he may still be in need of rescue.

Troopers say they searched the area around the cabin where Seibold was last seen by air without success. They're now focusing the search to an area near the confluence of the Ambler River and Ulaneak Creek where it is believed Seibold may have built a base camp.

Troopers say that weather conditions have restricted flight efforts and a ground search is being hampered by open rivers, thin ice and a lack of snow. Troopers are continuing search efforts with the assistance of North West Arctic Borough search and rescue and residents of Ambler.

It is my friend’s birthday on Tuesday; let us hope a great gift is on its way? A gift of that big strong Son in law for his?

My friend, I met when I went to stay with my American parents. He is a Pastor and has a wife who sadly suffers from MS. They own a ranch and my son, who was a new teen at the time, went horse riding over there.

He is a fantastic inspirational preacher. One who speaks from his heart. One you can have a right laugh with too?  He is a cowboy, ha-ha. Turns up at church in boots and check shirt. From Texas. Today was his last day at the church where I first met him, almost three years ago.  He is moving on, but to better things. Sad for the people at the church though, as most of them are really kind good people and have lost a good man. He is the kind of Pastor, who if someone was new in a church, would be made to feel welcome and he is a person who if you are new to religion, and are not too sure which way to go, he is the perfect person, as he will not frighten you you off but encourage you to express your feelings. I think he is great, he talks about his life and his feelings, doesn’t just preach from a bible. He is a fun guy and I hope he has a fantastic birthday on Tuesday and receives the greatest gift of life?

No comments: