translate

Friday 30 November 2012

THE CHRISTMAS TREE


I hope you are all warm my friends? It is so cold here? I went out last night at midnight, as you do, to take out my wheelie bin, for the bin  man today. The ice was an inch thick on the lid of the bin. The  sky was silenced by the frozen air! As though the stars had received Botox?

Came into my cosy house and locked the doors, to go to bed, put on my radio and listen to the sounds of the seventies on Radio Gold! Received texts from my poor friend who had been trying to get home from Wales by train, it took him twelve hours, as the floods had caused a landslide, so he had to use the bus for a couple of hours and another train so what should have took him six hours, took twelve. His poor guide dog would be fed up! So quarter to two, he text to say he was home safe.

I reflected on my day. I had started wrapping the Christmas presents. Trying so hard, to keep the paper the right way, as now days, the paper, is the same feel on the white side, as on the patterned side and I have been  known, to send gifts with the white side shown, as have  I been known, to write cards with a pen that had no ink. I am the kind of person, who if could see, would still probably do such a stupid thing though. Well last night, I did half smile, as after feeling very proud of myself for getting so many gifts wrapped, my teen announced, that I had used tape, that had in big bold, black writing, “Fragile!” written on it. Oh, well, hopefully, they will not be  broken?

 Our tree comes tomorrow. I would have loved to have a  family day, where we went to pick our tree like sighted people, but instead, I had to pick up a plastic phone, and use a plastic card to pay and hope that they will send me a real tree,  and not a plastic one?

I did tell her on the phone, that I would blog her company if it was bald? Ha.

So that comes tomorrow. We will have it in our conservatory. It is blooming freezing in there, so it should last? I ordered lights too and a pot for it. So a day in there cleaning for me and I hope to get the outside decs up too, tomorrow.

Will try to get back here, but not easy right now so much on my mind, I can’t untangle the wiring to make sense! Take care my Bloggets and know I am here for you all. x

No comments: