translate

Tuesday 20 November 2012

OFFICE GOSIP AND THE KGB


OFFICE GOSIP AND THE KGB

My Hub never really talks about work, but he told me of two funny stories last night, that made me smile. A couple of weeks ago, travelling with United airlines when he was in L.A, going to  San Francisco, there was a delay, after all day in meetings, so a long day, an announcement came over the P.A system, “Passengers travelling to L.A, please expect delays, as we are waiting for a replacement for a Stewart. She has sent a text in, unfortunately, she forgot she was on duty and is in her garden, de heading her flowers?

” It was said in all seriousness. Haha. Then the air hostess came to guide my Hub on the plane and apologised saying it was a much smaller plane and how she was glad she had the cute one to guide and asked him if she could take him home? Hahaha. After a long time over one hour, people were coming on the plane trying to find rows that did not even exist. Making jokes about Harry Potter and row 9 and three quarters!

After one hour, two other planes that were due to go to L.A, were all ready with Hubs plane to take off? So all three arriving at L.A together? All the people for the other flights, were on each other’s planes. By this point, the sweetie air Stewart that fancied  Hub, stood in the isle and began to cry? Hahahahahah. A business man stood up and sorted out everyone.

Just lately when he was at the World blind union assembly, in Thailand, with over 1000 people from 130 countries were all in a huge conference room and one member  sitting behind Hub obviously did not find the speaker interesting, as there was an almighty snoring sound came from him and then followed by that noise you make with your mouth, when you blow out your lips? People around him tried to wake him up, to no avail. Hub was trying to be  professional, but failed. He could not stop laughing. The speaker continued talking and the sounds of quiet chuckles filled the room as the man snored in his slumber.

I don’t know how anyone could sleep in hard plastic chairs, with no headrest?

He said the food in Thailand was beautiful and I can imagine, as I love Thai food! Oo, speaking of which, when  my lovely friend comes from my old home town on Saturday, we are going  to our local Thai restaurant, ha, poor hub? I remember when Teen had his 13th birthday, we took him to the restaurant of his choice, that was Indian. Hub hurried to get back for teens supper from one of his trips abroad…..India!

 I did ask him if he would like to go elsewhere on Saturday, but he declined as he likes it there.

Oh I can’ wait to see my friend. She is the girl who was incredibly helpful when I was preparing to wed hub. I was and am so grateful to her. A great close friend.

I wonder if we will get snow this Christmas? I remember the winters in Russia, gosh they were cold, but totally different to the U.K! Kind of dry ice which caught your breath as you stepped out of the warm buildings. Leading me onto the story about when I went skiing as a  young  child. We went into the countryside the outskirts of Moscow, where the hills were, and threw the forests, we skied, I held on for life to our friends best friend, who was a man called Sergei, he was about six foot four and we just glided down the hills, and to be honest, I don’t think my skis hit the snow? As he just lifted me as we flew, it was wonderful. All the serious Russians and me the loony, screaming, and that was before my skis went on? Hahaha.

We didn’t know of Sergei’s profession at the time, but days later, found out, he was a chief in the KGB! An organisation to whom I learned to dislike immensely just three years later. But he showed me a kind side and a fun side for that day, later on I saw the cruel side of the Russian gang!

Sadly, my friends son in law, still has not been found and now the search has come to an end, as the weather in Alaska, has deteariated! I don’t know what to think now, I got really cross before as I read an article online about him. It was in a few news reports over in the States. This particular  story had a section for comments? People were so nasty about it, calling him all sorts an making jokes? Really, I was disgusted! One person out of nine, made a lovely observation, and that was

“Well if humans are like these people, I don’t blame the man going to be with nature and the animals?” I mean, there are his family to think about and his poor new wife. It is too sad!

Oh my teen has had a second choice of his career? All his life, he has  had a passion to be a policeman. Well thank God, this might be changing to a teacher? Safer by far I would be so proud and happy if  he was to do this? So now, how to encourage him, without being too enthusiastic? You know what kids are like, they will do the opposite to what their parents want?

Yesterday I took my poor little Black beauty to the vet, for her five weekly injection for her arthritis. Oh bless her, she cuddled into my legs, to try and be rescued but the vet caught her. I felt like I had let her down and she cried, she never used to cry, but does now. I asked the  vet, if her neck will be  hurting now after so many injections? She said no, I said well she never cried till the past six months? She said oh, it will be anticipation? Load of rubbish, as if like they say, it does not hurt them, why cry? I mean, she doesn’t cry when she is getting stroked?

I received the biggest complement yesterday about my blog, from someone who I regard as the super blind, I refer to in my blogs. I was really flattered and honoured, that she thought I had done well when I went to the dentist etc.? Well, for her that was something she could do with her eyes closed? Haha. Seriously though, she is amazing, so, I would like to thank her, for recognising what a big deal that was for me!

Well for now my friends, take good care of yourself and I shall chat later. With love x

No comments: