translate

Sunday 25 November 2012

POEM OFF TO THE DENTIST BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Poem off to the dentist

By Fiona Cummings

Off to the dentist to sit in the chair of pain

Opening wide again,

What makes anyone want to do such a job

Do they enjoy me having a good sob

They must get off on the sounds of screams

How do they sleep and have sweet sunny dreams

All that drilling

Can’t be so thrilling

They don’t get oil or gold

They yank out teeth of old

The music that plays in their rooms

I mean, is it a party, should they have balloons

What is it with the X-rays, when they have to run out of the torture zone

Leaving us in there all  alone

You  don’t even get happy  gas anymore

Just a needle that makes you pass out on the floor

Oh God help me today

These words I pray

Lord place your hand over my face

Damaged  teeth you can replace

A mouthful of beaming pearly whites please

I beg you on bended knees

I  will be a good little girl from now on and eat no sweets

No more treats

Just tell my dentist I don’t need to be there

No need for her kind gentle care

Or for her to hurt like mad

And make me feel so blooming bad

Ok, I will spoil her day

But all my dental fears will go away

 

No comments: