translate

Friday 9 November 2012

A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY


Good morning Bloggets, Hub off today to Thailand for a couple  of weeks, so tears and tantrums as the door once again closes and  I am left with the teen.

Thank God I have a very good friend, who has come into my life and who keeps me from going loco.

So last night was spent charging all electrics including lap top, two mobiles and razor. He would also have had to change kindle, but he left it in his hotel room in the States and a colleague of his from the States would not bring it to Thailand for him, as she did not like to bring something that could be a risk to terrorist connections. Hahahahaha. So a long boring flight for Hub, thirteen hours flight each way, all I can say is, I really hope she is bored out of her brain and she really needs my Hub for something only he can do for her, though having said that, he is always the professional and has a soft heart.

I have given him some CD’s of mine to copy for his IPod.

He has five hundred disks on it now.

My blog today is about time I went to the Caribbean on holiday.

It was a holiday in Antigua

I had never been to the Caribbean before and really did not have any expectations on the place.

Wow, from dot one of the day of our holiday, it was lovely.

Even down to the food on the plane.

It was really funny; I had never travelled as a blind person before as my x could see.

This was mine and my Husbands first holiday, and of course we took the teen, who was eleven at that time.

 We got on the plane and it was on the centre aisle. Four seats in a row. My Son, Hub me and on the end a young man, well it was great, as the host and hostesses came through the plane with their goodies, of ice lollies and nuts, I was getting fed from both sides. Son and the young man were getting things for me and I was not refusing, as I tried to tell the young man that my Son was getting my tastiness from the trolley, he said oh, no, I will so what if you get two? Bless him, he was so sweet. Oh I was really looking forward to our holiday, never before did I want to go on holiday with the X? we did a few holidays and they were just awful.

After about eight hours, we landed and were met off the plane by a golf buggy? Hahahahahahahalololol

I soon was to learn, that this was our transport to the baggage part of the airport. only the three of us were on this thing. Our Son thought it was great I felt like a right Charlie!

The heat was so hot, but not in a Spanish burning way, a nice heat. I loved the atmosphere and as we got out of the odd form of transport, a steel band playing sounds of the sun. Then we were given freshly squeezed orange juice and handed over passports, collected our cases and off to the hotel.

Wow, it was so lovely. The hotel was really unusual. Our room was on the ground floor as we wanted easy access to the pool. A basic room, with our double bed and our boys single bed. A table and bathroom, of course, there is a story about the bathroom?

OMG?

After three days, of taking baths and showers doing the things that you do in a bathroom, We found out, that the window in the bathroom, was not frosted, but clear?

It leads right out into the corridor of the hotel. God? Why?

The pool was huge and the staff  were great, so happy, and so friendly.  Oh really we went one day on a boat trip to see the Stingrays. My Son and Hub, had to sign declaration forms to say if they died, the company were not responsible? Ahahahahahaha. God?

Oh the boat ride was so good. I absolutely love boats. Boats and trains are my favourite form of transport.

The boat was full and the Caribbean lads, who were sailing it, with their long dreadlocks, did not fill me with the feelings of safety, as my Hub and son, got off the boat to feed the Stingray!

They were told; if the stingray tried to bit them, just keep still? Ski, rather than step, because if you stood on them, they would sting you. God? You know me by now; can you imagine what was going through my head?

I was the only one left on the boat. I felt really vulnerable, but I realised I was in a safer place than my family! My little boy was so excited and I was so glad that my Husband took him. How brave Hub was, as not being able to see, he could have been in danger on stepping on them?

After about fifteen minutes, a lady came on board and said to me with glee,

“Your Husband has a whopping great big love bite from a stingray!” Then jumped back in the water.

“Oh! Right!”

Fifteen minutes one by one, people came on the boat. Slowly, one by one. As the seconds turned into minutes, my family were still missing, and then the two of them came on the boat, thank God?

Yep, Hub had been bitten, but thank the Lord, not stung.

They loved it and my Teen still talks about it, how they fed them and they were as big as my Hub, so over five foot eleven.

They slid all around their bodies. “Oh, yack? I would have hated it.

Hub did so many things with our boy, he was great. They went Parasailing, wow, what an experience? I stayed on the boat, s no sail in the world, would be able to take this Mamma up?

My Hub is so brave and a right boy. They went on the jet ski’s I went on the rubber ring. Never again. It really was the most terrifying thing I have ever done in my life.  A jet ski had a rope tied to it with a rubber tire on the back and you sat in the ring and went full pelt across the rough waves.

I ended up on my shoulders, skimming across the water. Oh my God, it was just the worst thing? I could taste the salt; I was wearing the sea and drowning in hell.

I really knew I was a dead person at the end of a rope. When my hell was over, my Hub and Son had another go. I screamed to the driver, “Go as fast as you can?” Oh, I was furious that my Hub thought it was the funniest thing to see me so afraid and my Son laughed all the way too. Big Toni, lifted me off my feet, as I was about to  pass out. Carried me across the sand laughing all the way as a crowd had gathered to watch. I took till today, to kind of get slightly over it, and who knows if tomorrow, I will be better?

We had a lovely day on a beautiful speed boat. Our Son went scuba diving with the Captain and we went to a remote island that was so peaceful.

Because of my long hair, I had so many ladies asking to bed my hair, though I know if it had been short, they would have wanted to bead some of it too, as they were business people. Oh God, one day, we were quietly eating our lunch in the lovely outdoor buffet when a lady came to us and said her story of sorrow.

Well, it was so we would give her money? First she told me about her cousin’s wife’s fathers, brother’s wife’s Sons Grandchild. “Well, something like that!”

Well this poor boy, first had no legs, then a bad heart, then when we were not reaching for our money, he developed cancer then she realised we were blind, so suddenly, he had no eyes? He could not hear either, by the time she had finished, this so called poor boy, would be a diseased torso, with no limbs, a head, just, with no hearing, no sight, brain damage and I bet if we had not asked her to leave, a punched nose, so he would not be able to sneeze!

In the afternoons, we went for afternoon tea. We had a short walk to make to the jetty. Walked out on it and into a wooden building, where tea in small china teacups was served as well as tiny sandwiches and cakes.

 Huge fish would come right up to the side of the open wooden eatery and the lapping of the waves made it so pleasant.

The nights were spent on the vast terrace, with its large pots of tropical flowers and palm trees everywhere. Lizards and tree frogs reminded us we were in another land. A land of peace and escapism. Steel bands played music at nights with so many reggae bands. With cocktails and our posh clothes on, it was paradise. The ocean in the background and the fragranced flowers framed a beautiful sensory of a perfect picture

   I loved the Caribbean. I would love to go back again? I hope you have enjoyed this story? I could not see any pretty scenery, but could hear and smell as well as taste the air of life there. So different to anywhere I have ever been before. Going abroad as a blind person, is so difficult and without the help and sight of or eleven year old, we could not have done it, so thanks to him and to Hub for showing me another life. xxx

No comments: