translate

Friday 27 March 2015

THE HEADLESS CHICKEN


Good day Bloggets. It’s a slow day for the housework today. Oh you know when you have one of those days when you really can’t be bothered to do anything? I’m having one of those. I haven’t been doing my rowing and treadmill for two days now. I really hope to do some exercise tonight. Thing is, I put on weight and it really makes you sick when you come out from the GYM. My garage. Haha. Looking like you have been on the propellers of a helicopter for an hour.

As you do!

What, you’ve never tried it?

For those who don’t know my weird sense of humour, I’m joking, don’t try this at home. ()

 

Anyway, I made breakfast after my Darling Son left for college. He had the cheek to say, and I quote

“Mum, I would love to have someone check my blood pressure before I go to college in the mornings. After listening to you going on!”

To which my response was, well, son, mine would be off the blooming scale with you!”

 

So the cheeky monkey is away all day hopefully doing loads of work as he is on holiday for two weeks from tonight. God help me. Let’s hope he has lots to do with his friends and he will study too as I received his report yesterday and it was great. I was impressed. Could have been better but was as expected. In fact, I could have written it myself. As his reports have been the same since he was four.

“Helpful, friendly lovely person is doing well but could do so much better if he wasn’t the joker and could concentrate for more than ten minutes.”

 

So my day of doing nothing? Hmm. I shall tell you what I spent blooming ages doing this morning? Yesterday when I was out with my friend, I bought Waggatail a stuffed chicken. No not one from the delicatessen, but a toy from the pet shop. Oh she loved it, my dog, not my friend…..

Oh we had such fun, she was sure she was entertaining me as she kept bringing it back after I threw it for her. She was so happy she was entertaining her Mummy. “Not”

Well, yesterday’s chicken is today’s leftovers.

 

She made a hole in it so that awful stuffing started to come out. I noticed there was a huge spring in it that made it squeak. I pulled it out then spent ages over the bin emptying the stuffing out as she loves soft toys and its head, wings and little legs were still intact.

 

There I was, over the bin thinking what the heckers am I doing this for? I must be mad? Turned the thing inside out making sure it was free from anything that may make her choke.

 

Really, I should know better, never to buy any toys but KONG. Kong is the best. Unbreakable.

 

So, then we had a chicken with a hole in it and it looked like roadkill. It was flat, but Waggs didn’t mind. She brought it to me ran off and brought it back. Then as she with a guilty expression on her tiny teddy like face, handed me

The blooming chickens head…..

So it was like a headless chicken. Hahahahahaha

 

Oh Waggs. The head went in the bin and she eventually brought me the body. That was about to go in when my phone rang.

 

It was my YAM from America/Mexico. Oh we spoke so long my mobile went flat and very sadly we didn’t get to say bye bye but I hope to talk soon. She and I are so good together. Really, my life almost mirrors her. She came before me and I continued in her journey. Even now we share so much in common. Our kids are so similar.

 

The only difference is age. It’s like looking in a lake and seeing your own reflection. Then realising it’s actually your friend next to you.

 

So good to talk to her. I love her and love what she says and does. She is such a great inspiration for my writing too. She wants us to go visit to Mexico, but no money this year, who knows, next year my books may get published?

 

OK, a letter through my door. A mystery. As to me a blank bit of paper until Hub reads it with our scanner.

 

But I have loads of work to do. Just dreaming thinking I was going to have a nothing day.

 

I could talk to you all for hours. I still have to tell you about my day with my friend yesterday. It was great and I loved it.

More later. Until then cleaning for me fand dinner to make. Enjoy your day my faithful Bloggets. X

No comments: