translate

Monday 2 March 2015

MOVIES WITH MAGDA


It’s that day again, Monday. It’s snowing here a little and cold a lot. Very windy too. Oh, and did I mention sunny? Yep, we have it all, all but heat. Oh I guess we could have thunder and lightning, but the day is young.

 

Magda came to stay on Saturday. A long journey from Scotland to here. Over three hours. I guess in total with taxi’s four hours. We had a rest then went off to our town. She loved it, said it was so beautiful. So I’m told by many. Beauty to me is peace and quiet. Hearing the songs from birds and smelling beautiful blooms, hearing the odd sheep in the distance, odd as in frequent, not odd as in with two heads?

 

I guess if I could see, beauty would be our town of historical buildings and grand cathedral with churches dating back centuries. Quaint shops with original polls holding up the roofs and windows that have had many generations of viewing.

 

We found the so called Shambles. The oldest part of our town. With the original roads of small bricklike stones to grip the horses feet back then. Though as for way back and horses, as Magda and I were in a shop, Hub went off to the bank and he was warned by a passer-by to be careful as the local Shire horse was on its way. Tugging through the narrow streets a cart full of tourists. LC was as professional as ever and just regarded it as a large dog that she could deal with closing her eyes.

 

The students in our city are lovely, so helpful. I have high regard for them.

 

We took Magda to buy souvenirs and then went for a coffee and I had to have a large slice of carrot cake. Well, it would be rude not to? I mean, I could have sworn it was shouting my name?

 

Back home and ate tea. Or dinner I should say. Then we went to our lovely neighbours Rob and Mel’s. They had a champagne and strawberry night. The house was full as ever and friendly faces spoke to us.

 

We left early; Magda had been up since six that morning. So came home to the peace and quiet of our house and chilled.

 

Magda went for a good sleep. I was so happy to know she would as her life at home is full of busy. She has two brothers who are disabled and a younger sister she looks out for. Her Mum too she helps out so much. She is a perfect daughter.

 

Next morning she told us that was the first sleep she had  for years. We had breakfast then off to the movies. Oh we saw a great film. Well, the funny thing was, I was sure we were about to view the naughty fifty shades of grey? I said to Hub and Magda, oh here goes? I really expected we were in the wrong viewing.

 

But all was fine and we watched a great film that we wouldn’t be able to see if not for Magda, as though it’s only, a seven eight minute walk from us, it’s a nightmare to get to, the cinema that is. Which is such a shame, because I love the cinema? That is the first time we have been since we moved here. It’s such a great place to live if only it were a little easier to get to. We passed so much outdoor music. A pub which has speakers outside and two other restaurants. So what did we see?

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

It was so funny and the music was great. The very best of English actors. Oh there are so many films I would love to see. With great English actors right now. I just love the quintessential English accent and acting.

 

Then we went to our local Italian restaurant and then in the rain walked home. The ice cut through us it was free’ee’eezing

We chilled again and then took tea and cake then it was time for Magda to once again hit the rails and head for home.

 

I hope we gave her a lovely time, she said she enjoyed it. She brought me lovely necklace and bracelet she made and some hair perfume. Bless her.

 
OK, I think I will put on the kettle now and wait for my Son. Later gators.

No comments: