translate

Monday 30 March 2015

DIARY OF MONDAYS


It’s Monday again. The weekend flew though nothing happened that I was planning. We didn’t go to town and I didn’t see my brother and sister in law. They are coming in a couple of weeks instead. They were babysitting for my Niece well, her children so my great Niece and Nephew.

 

We spent a lot of time in our gym….. I do enjoy it. Sounds rather sadistically inappropriate to say that.

 

We took our dogs for a walk around the block yesterday. To try to burn off some energy. Normally LC goes to the town at a weekend but because she didn’t this one, we had to get her working somehow. I would love to walk them so we can let them off, but I am scared stiff either they run off and we can’t find them, or worse they get hurt by some dodgy dogs. Sadly of late there have been a lot of those on our field. When I have been out walking Wagga with Arty they have been on and I don’t like them. Or I should say their owners.

 

Wagga worked so well yesterday and was actually enthusiastic. The wind blew my hair and my fingers were blue as I held the harness. There were no people on the roadsides paths or cycle tracks. It was like a ghost town coming back. Going we went our noisy road way but our ears needed a break so we came back the lovely peaceful way and we passed no one. Well, not to our knowledge. We may have done, they could have been very quietly standing still, but normally we know by the feel the change in the air if we pass someone.  She is out tomorrow at the shop and on Wednesday, we have to work. So she will be in an office environment. Gosh, I hope she behaves? Last time I took her where there were a load of people working, she was amazing. I was so proud of her.

 

Then next Saturday we have to go to town. Oh that will be a real challenge as its Easter weekend. Our town is popular with tourists so it will be packed.

 

I have not seen my Son since Saturday. I think he is due home today because the person he has been with is away for two weeks. Then she comes back to go away for the weekend with my Son. They are going to a concert my boy bought her and he is paying for a night’s stay in a hotel. Gosh, in my days, the word shame would be used. I couldn’t ever have respect for such people. The only time he sees her is when they stay overnight. They certainly don’t have a normal relationship. His friend’s girlfriends see each other most days and enjoy going places. These two, nope. They are so miss matched. When they marry, it will be disastrous, but that’s for them to learn.

 

As for children? How will she cope with a blind child? Or god forbid, if teen loses his sight. Hmm.

 

I guess in their throw away world, it will just be dealt with.

 

Teen put a mirror in our canary’s cage and at first he was flirting with it, but now I think he is saddened by it as his song has become so quiet. But really cute.

 

My Neighbour is getting an extension from next week, so a lot of noise and dirt I’m sure.

 

I told you last week I have a new rug didn’t I? I’m sure I did. Well, Hub hates them and said it will be a glorified dog bed. I told him not to be silly.

 

Oh well, he had to tell Long Chops to get on her bed and what did the monkey do? Went to the rug and lay down.

 

Oh the smirk on his face I’m sure was meaningful.

 

I can’t believe how cold it is out there. So windy too. The clocks changed in the UK at the weekend though so it’s lighter until half seven.

OK will go for now I hope you are all well? Here are some Monday facts.

1. A survey in 2011 reported that the average person moans for about 34 minutes on a Monday morning, compared to 22 minutes on other days.

2. Monday is the only day of the week when the US stock market is more likely to fall than rise.

3. On average Monday is the least rainy day of the week, possibly as a result of man-made pollution decreasing over the weekend.

4. Monday is the only day of the week that is an anagram of a single word: ‘dynamo’.

5. People do their shopping online more on Mondays than they do any other day of the week.

6. Most people don’t smile on Monday until 11.16am.

Something positive about Mondays. A real good one for us blind folk. Monday is the best day to buy a car as you are likely to get a better offer as the majority of sales are made at a weekend so they don’t expect to sell on a Monday so you are more likely to get a good deal.

 

With love.

 

No comments: